You should be an excellent communicator, ideally with experience in online advertising sales and a proven track record of producing high level written sales presentations. Whilst online sales experience is desirable, an individual who can demonstrate a successful sales record with a keen interest in a career in online advertising will be considered.
As an Account Manager for www.honestjohn.co.uk, you'll assume responsibility for a number of existing online advertising accounts in the automotive market. With a focus on selling to advertising agencies, you’ll be expected to grow existing accounts and to generate new business to add to your portfolio of motoring clients. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for providing accurate personal forecasts and meeting sales targets set by the Commercial Director.
- Managing a portfolio of accounts
- Introducing new business to the portfolio
- Dealing with all aspects of a campaign
- Achieving sales targets
- Writing & delivering sales presentations to high-level executives
- Attending client meetings
- Maintaining and expanding relationships with existing clients
- Completing administrative work, as required.
Skills and Interests
To be a successful AM you'll need:
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good 'people skills', for working with a range of colleagues and clients
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- A professional manner
- Good business sense and the ability to work to budgets.
- Minimum of 2 Year sales experience
- (Experience of selling online/To Media Agencies/Within Automotive vertical would be advantageous.)
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail.