Portfolio Director - Europe Based
Our client is a leading light within the world’s media organisations with offices all around the globe.
Their range of brands includes some of the best-known and respected media brands in the world.
This position is a key management role as a Portfolio Director in the events/conferences sector, based in mainland Europe. You will be responsible for the management, strategic development and extension of a global portfolio of market leading events in the medical sector, as well as the broader strategic development within aligned and/or new verticals. You will ultimately be responsible for the overall commercial delivery of products including exhibitor sales, visitor marketing, conference and educational programme development and on-site show operations. In addition you will also play an integral role in business development via other non-exhibition media.
As Portfolio Director, will also develop and drive acquisition & partnership strategy for the portfolio with responsibility for managing key stakeholder relationships both internal and external, working closely with the other department Directors to deliver a coordinated strategy to best leverage these opportunities, ensuring that all products achieve revenue, expenditure and contribution targets; revenue and costs as well as managing the overhead costs to agreed levels and will be responsible for providing accurate quarterly forecasts.
• Around 5 years + experience and track record in events/exhibitions used to operating independently on multiple large scale international events at the highest level. You should also have significant experience organising, managing and launching multiple international b2b exhibitions on a global basis and at senior level.
• Strong innovative conceptual prowess – a creative thinker with good commercial awareness and great people skills.
• Have fantastic management skills, able to demonstrate strong leadership and lead by example motivating your team to meet and exceed their expected KPI’s and targets.
• Be involved in helping devise, develop and implement marketing strategies and material.
• Ability to interpret industry trends and issues and apply to sales strategies as well as maintain complete competitive intelligence from rival products.
• Ideally be educated to at least degree level.
• MUST be prepared to relocate to mainland Europe.
This is a unique and unusual opportunity to work at such a senior level with a global media leader. Contact in the strictest confidence Formula Won CEO, Sam on t.020 7531 2002 e. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not apply unless you have the relevant experience.
Due to the high volume of applications only successful applicants will be contacted and if you have not heard from us in two weeks of your application please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Formula Won Media is a progressive, proactive and dynamic media recruitment consultancy, established in August 2000 dedicated to the media industry. We lead the market for the best permanent media jobs within: media sales, new media sales, outdoor sales, exhibition sales, event sales, conference sales, broadcast sales, ambient sales, marketing, media agency and editorial jobs. We also have specialist divisions that cover International jobs and Search & Selection. All of our consultants have considerable experience in media so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect role for you.
About Formula Won
We lead the market for the best permanent media jobs within media sales, new media /digital sales, outdoor/ambient sales, exhibition, conference and event sales, broadcast sales, all media marketing, media agency and editorial in the UK and abroad.