French Speaking Advertising Team Leader
French Speaking Advertising Team Leader
This position is based in London
Reporting to: Group Publisher
Ink is the largest publisher of inflight and travel magazines in the world, producing over 35 titles in 15 languages from 4 offices across the globe. Our clients are some of the biggest names in travel and business, including easyJet, Ryanair, KLM, bmi, Gulf Air, Eurostar and CNBC.
This outstanding opportunity has arisen in our London office and we are looking for a strong Team Leader to join our growing team. You will have high levels of energy, relish a challenge and enjoy developing new business. In addition to this, you will be an expert closer, have strong negotiation skills and the spirit of an entrepreneur. Ideally we are looking for someone who has French, Dutch or Flemish language skill and some experience in working with these markets.
Initially working on one magazine, the role involves day to day people management of the team, including monitoring and managing performance, lateness and absence, call rates and lead generation. The Team Leader will also have a responsibility to sell on a day to day basis against agreed targets, and manage a number of key accounts.
• Selling Display advertising against agreed targets, and managing a number of key clients within the magazine.
• Actively and creatively sourcing leads and potential advertising opportunities, and overseeing the team in the same activity.
• Ability to identify new sales opportunities both locally and internationally for title.
• Working towards and exceeding targets, including maximising all revenues, managing yields and adhering to strict time and copy deadlines.
• Daily motivating the team, and driving each sale’s executive to achieve above target.
• Holding weekly meetings with sales team and fortnightly meetings with production and editorial teams relevant to title
• Responsibility for day-to-day management of the team, including managing the performance of team members, sickness, lateness, attendance, holiday and activity rates.
• Running team meetings and attending management team meetings.
• Ensuring that IPad presentations are up to date for external meetings
• Overseeing the quality control of all advertising in the magazine.
• With the Commercial Director, helping to implement and communicate an overall commercial strategy of the magazine.
• With the Commercial Director communicating relevant communications and promotional material (newsletters/factsheets etc.)
• Produce formal weekly strategy reports highlighting business developments, results, title and individual performance and training needs.
• With the Sales Trainer, organising ongoing training and development of the team.
• With Sales Trainer/Group Publisher measure and review individual performance, and regularly conduct performance reviews and appraisals.
• Representing the management team across the department.
• Managers are expected to be present at work during the week their title closes.
• Proven Sales experience
• Proven Management and leadership experience, ideally with a telesales management background
• Ability to identify and develop sales talent through monitoring and coaching processes
• Excellent organisation and planning skills
• Excellent business acumen and financial competence e.g. budget /cost management
• Excellent sales coaching skills
• Ability to inspire trust and confidence in the team and gains respect through inspirational leadership
• Solid presentation skills
• French, Dutch or Flemish language skills
Ink is a travel media company. We help our customers achieve their commercial objectives by connecting companies with travellers.
As well as being the largest publisher of inflight magazines in the world, Ink reaches a captive audience of hundreds of millions of travellers each year with targeted digital advertising on print-at-home boarding passes and inflight entertainment systems, inflight retail publications, and by producing the Airline Retail Conference in Europe and Asia.
Airline clients around the world include Air Macau, AirTran Airways, Bangkok Airways, bmi, bmibaby, Brussels Airlines, Cebu Pacific, Delta Air Lines, easyJet, Germanwings, Gulf Air, Jazeera Airways, Jet2.com, Jetstar Airlines, Jetstar Asia Airways, KLM, Mandala Airlines, Martinair, PrivatAir, Ryanair, SA Express, Thai Airways, Tiger Airways, Thomas Cook, United Airlines, vivaAerobus and Wizz Air. The company also produces Metropolitan for Eurostar, CNBC Business magazine, Time Out Singapore magazine, TurboJet Horizon for the world’s largest ferry company, and Carlson Wagonlit Connect.
Ink serves advertisers and airlines in over 100 countries, and has offices in London, New York, Singapore and Atlanta. Please click on the 'Apply now' button for more information.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted
If you are representing a recruitment agency please do not contact us regarding this position