This job has now expired
Founded in 1983, EMP Media is a specialist publishing company dedicated to offering innovative and intelligent media to the business and consumer markets.
EMP Media has a portfolio that includes market leading B2B and B2C titles such as At Home Magazine, The Definitive Guide, and Outsource Magazine.
Outsource (www.outsourcemagazine.co.uk) is the indispensable resource providing news, views, analysis and thought-leadership for the global outsourcing community since 2005.
As the official partner magazine of the National Outsourcing Association (NOA) and with a verified, ABC-audited circulation of 11,159 (Jan-Dec 2011Outsource magazine delivers unrivalled content direct to the opinion-formers and decision-makers at the heart of the outsourcing space. On top of our existing partnerships with a myriad of partners including ACCA, SIG, SSON, HfS Research and many more.
Through our flagship print title, our weekly OutsourceXpress email, website and social media, Outsource provides in-depth coverage of important events and trends, interviews with both high-profile industry figures and unsung heroes, and commentary from the Outsource network worldwide, giving us an unparalleled perspective on outsourcing across sectors, verticals and geographies.
Due to expansion we are currently looking for an Advertising Manager to join our team.
Reporting directly to the Head of Sales, you will be responsible for ensuring the brand exceeds sales budgets and targets across all our revenue streams (Magazine, Website, Sponsorship, Lead Generation and events). As well as developing your own client base, you will also be in charge of managing and the improving the output of the sales team.
The role will involve the following:
• Selling to accounts across a wide portfolio including print, online and sponsorship
• Identify and build relationships with new clients
• Assist in launching new products and revenue streams
• Assist in flat planning, forecasting
• Devise and implement a sales strategy for your client base
• Manage and develop a sales team
• Produce accurate weekly, monthly and annual sales forecasts for all products
• Develop a deep understanding of the market and come up with new ideas to develop the brand
• Liaise, communicate and work effectively with the central departments.
• Be inventive and come up with new revenue streams in both online and print
Sales / Commercial skills
• Devise and implement sales strategies to achieve the goals
• Ability to sell effectively to senior level professionals
• Be able to build and implement systems to ensure the sales team is working effectively to exceed targets
• Ability to communicate at senior level both externally and internally
• Identify opportunities for brand expansion and communicate them to the Head of Sales
• Inspire and motivate those that work for you
• Provide effective staff management for your staff through job descriptions, appraisals, training, informal coaching, and team meetings
• Manage underperformance
• Lead from the front
• Report on performance to management team
This role would suit a current advertisement manager or a senior media sales executive looking for their first management role.
This is a hugely significant role to the Outsource brand. You will be aiming to constantly grow your network of relevant contacts in each organisation and you will be responsible for strategically increasing revenues across the whole brand.
You will be fully involved in the managing and growing of your own sales pipeline as well as managing the efforts of your team to do the same.
In essence you will be a champion of of the Outsource brand, taking total responsibility for getting under the skin of the market, and bringing your own flair and energy to this hugely exciting role.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the skills below:
• You will be a proven sales person, with a track record of managing effective account growth.
• You will be just as comfortable pitching face-to-face as you would be on the phone.
• You will demonstrate the ability to sell creative print / online advertising solutions (e.g. content site MPUs, leaderboards, sponsorship, or other commercial solutions).
• You will demonstrate a high level of output and work ethic.
• You will demonstrate an ability to get under the skin of a market, enhancing the sophistication of your sell.
• You will have excellent standards of written and verbal communication – in proposals, on the phone, and in meetings – which reflect creditably on the brand.
• You will have excellent time management and organisational skills.
• You will have a positive, can-do attitude – vital to our team dynamic and to successfully reaching our growth objectives.
No recruitment consultants please.
To apply, please click apply now and send your CV and cover letter