This job has now expired
Based in Central London, the role has two distinct purposes; day to day pro-active account management of key sponsors such as British Gas, Bupa, Asics & Powerade, and to identify, develop and generate revenue from new sponsors via a wide range of opportunities ranging from new title or category partnerships to event sampling and local sponsorship.
General duties would include;
- Day to day account management of major category sponsors, ensuring contractual obligations are met while ensuring Nova maximize any relevant bonus payment targets.
- Attend regular meetings with clients to provide updates and present new sponsorship activation ideas.
- Work with the Event Managers, Communications Managers and TV production team to ensure that sponsors requirements are delivered effectively both via e-communications, on-line and at events.
- Work with activation/sponsorship agencies appointed by Bupa/British Gas in order to maximize the benefits of the sponsorship for both parties.
- Pro-actively identify new revenue streams from partners within unrepresented categories or for new events both face to face and over the phone. Target potential partners from specific sectors for example, Food, Cosmetics and Toiletries.
- Pro-actively develop Nova’s profile within sports marketing and sponsorship agencies with a view to developing new business.
- Raise the profile of the Great Run series as a potential communication mechanism for brands/advertisers within relevant Client Companies and their Marketing Communications agencies
- Manage relationships with major charities (Cancer Research UK, British Heart Foundation etc) who generate significant fundraising income from the events.
- Look for pro-active ways to improve the event experience for runners, involving commercial brands.
- Target local partnerships at specific events, for example, restaurants, bars or hotels within Portsmouth for the Bupa Great South Run, or Manchester for the Bupa Great Manchester Run.
Skills and experience
- Significant account management and sales experience with a successful proven track record
- Strong influencing skills
- ‘Can do’ attitude, enjoys problem solving
- Ability to prioritise, to make decisions, and justify decisions both internally and to external customers.
- Full UK driving licence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyse data and use it to present strong arguments
- Strong attention to detail, numeric and administration/organisational skills
- IT literate, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ideally from a sporting, events, commercial or media background
- A general interest and enthusiasm for sport, health and fitness would be of benefit.
- Some travel nationally is required to attend events, meetings and press conferences across the UK including weekend work attending events.
- There will be some travel requirements to Nova’s head office in Newcastle
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button.