Motoring Retail Sales Executives
Because of Haymarket’s dedication to our market leading brands such as WhatCar?, FourFourTwo, Stuff, Brand Republic, PR Week, MediaWeek, AutoCar and ThirdSector to name but some, we are now seeking Sales Executives to join our motoring retail sales team to further aid our clients in advertising for their company needs.
A Sales Executive position is one where you get to be master of your own destiny through regularly speaking to your clients, whether that is over the phone, via e-mail, or in person by arranging your own meetings.
The Sales Executive will have clear objectives from day one and performance- related pay reviews at 12 months, 18 months and 24 months. As well as this we ensure that we provide excellent career development opportunities across sales and management.
You will be become an expert in your chosen market to enable you to engage in creditable conversations with your clients to better understand their needs and the offerings that will be of interest to them.
Your primary goal will be to achieve a set target for your product through the retention and growth of an existing client base and the successful closing of new business opportunities within a defined territory.
- Maximise revenues from an existing client base
- Actively source and close new leads
- Generate maximum revenue from your client base in accordance with targets/leads
- Maintain contact with key decision makers within your client base
- Proactively service customers, developing strong relationships and keeping clients up to date with initiatives
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of your product, market and competitor products/positioning
- Offer positive contributions within team discussions and meetings
- Keep your team involved and up to date with your activity to maximise sales team revenue
Of course we’re looking for a Sales Executive with all the generally expected skills (articulate, numerate, out-going team player, etc) but we also want someone who can bring their own flare to our business.
Sales experience is not essential as our training sets the media industry's benchmark for quality, however to be able to hit the ground running within the Sales Executive position, we’re looking for someone who can demonstrate the following…
- Be goal-driven, resilient and hungry to win business and beat targets
- A natural conversationalist who is able to listen and sell to customers needs
- Show the ability to build on going and lasting working relationships with their client base
- Be someone who enjoys working within a fast-paced environment and enjoys a bit of banter
- Sales experience preferred (although not essential as our training sets the media industry’s benchmark for quality)
Other Information You Will Need to Know
We offer a competitive starting salary of £19k plus up to 40% commission, while those successful candidates who prove themselves will find many opportunities for development and promotion to regularly increase this salary.
Haymarket offer a generous 25 days a year holiday entitlement, which increases year on year by 1 day (to a maximum of 30).
If you want to work in a fun, lively and engaging environment, with some of the best people in your markets then Haymarket will give you this opportunity.
Please include a cover letter along with an up to date CV when making your application.