This job has now expired
The role will be to develop the exhibitions revenue on a portfolio of events by working closely with a senior BDM. Selling mostly to new business areas the successful candidate will be expected to hit KPI’s on performance and revenue. Initially the role will be phone intensive and as business develops there will be opportunities for business development trips abroad to the respective territories. The successful candidate will report directly in to the Senior Business Development Manager, whilst also work closely with the wider teams (including marketing, operations & content / production).
Our client speccializes in energy and infrastructure, developing knowledge, creating commercial opportunities and strategic solutions for government and industry by producing international exhibitions, conferences & professional training. Recognised as market leaders in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia, our client also organises exhibitions & conferences in Algeria, Argentina, Colombia, Egypt, Ghana, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, UAE and the US.
Our client is an innovative, fast-paced and exciting organization. They empower their employees to achieve their best and offer opportunities for growth and progression. Their 140-strong team speaks 20 languages and has a range of skills and expertise through all functions of our company.
Our client has an established exhibition portfolio of annual & biannual events worth over £5m. In addition to the current portfolio they are investing in new events for 2013. Their dynamic, entrepreneurial and forward-thinking approach to business has resulted in the company doubling in size in the last three years.
The successful candidate must have an 18 month record (minimum) in big-ticket sales, complimented by face-to-face presentation experience. The candidate must also be a self-starter / self-motivated and be able to liaise with adjacent divisions (including operations, marketing & content / production).
Proposals are important; therefore, the successful candidate must be able to display a clear and concise writing style. Degree level education would be advantageous.
- Help devise a sales strategy for each project with the Senior BDM and manage time accordingly.
- Help produce Investment Meeting Report and present the IM Pitch to the Board.
- Sell to the key clients and new business areas.
- Reach the sales targets set.
- Liaise with marketing & operations during the project.
- Write business proposals and effective sales emails to current / potential clients.
- Deliver the exhibition onsite and manage client involvement.
- Manage the client data on CRM systems.
- Adhere to company standards at all times.