This job has now expired
Account Director – City EC1 - £40-50k + com
Our client is an internationally established company working in the higher education sector with unique experience as a provider of technology, marketing and managed services and solutions to higher education institutions in the UK, Europe, the US and Australia.
Due to continued growth they are currently looking to appoint an Account Director - New Business Development whose main focus will be to sell their range of technology and software services and solutions to the Higher and Further education sectors across the United Kingdom.
The key function of this role is:
To achieve and exceed new business development growth targets
To lead and drive new business growth from new customers and prospects.
To support the New Business Development Sales Manager with the Go To Market strategy
To lead by example in all that you do
· Grow, monitor and maintain an accurate sales pipeline including regular audits and manage adherence to targets on accuracy, maturity and growth
· Maintain a network of contacts at a senior level (Directorate and above including Pro Vice Chancellor and Vice Chancellor) and operating level within your accounts
· Coach, help and develop other members of their sales and marketing team where required
· Maximise the product mix towards higher margin sales
· Assess the competitive environment and define a strategy to maximise growth and profitability within your target prospects.
· Provide accurate and timely reports as required by the Sales Manager and Commercial Director
· Ensure compliance with sales governance processes and procedures
· Achieve individual sales target and over achieve financial and non-financial key business objectives set by the company from time to time both at an individual level and a team level
· Execute your sales strategy towards the achievement of those revenue targets and set objectives within your own targeted accounts and prospects
· Qualification, maintenance and ownership and drive to completion for all new business opportunities
· Accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasting for opportunities by pipeline and revenue figures through the use of Salesforce
· This section should cover specific skills required for the role
· Knowledge of higher education/ student recruitment sector highly desirable
· Highly experienced and technically proficient in selling technology/software services and solutions
· Exceptional client liaison skills
· Strong financial, commercial and contract negotiation skills
· Strong negotiation and influencing skills
· Ability to deliver results, meet deadlines and manage time effectively
· Knowledge of Salesforce CRM and its applications would be advantageous
· A relentless focus on Activity, Pipeline, Governance and Closure.
· A high level of initiative and ability to work independently
· A high standard of written and communication skills as well as strong attention to detail
· Excellent presentation skills
· A high standard of business and commercial acumen
· Ability to perform well under pressure
Minimum of 3 years proven history of successfully meeting and exceeding new business sales and growth targets within a dynamic sales environment