This job has now expired
Deputy Head of Marketing
Athene Publishing publishes three magazine titles and websites in the payroll, credit and insolvency industries.
It also offers a varied event portfolio including:
The primarary responsibility of this role is to devise and implement the Company’s marketing strategy particularly in relation to product development, pricing and promotion of the Company’s publications, events and websites. The role will involvement management of staff.
- Work with the Head of Marketing & Events to devise the Company’s marketing strategy aligned to the Company’s business plans and industry and competitor intelligence
- Work with the Head of Marketing & Events to set and manage budgets and targets for all products in line with the business requirements and agreed objectives
- Put together detailed marketing operational plans and execute against these to achieve dedicated revenue targets and/or target audiences
- Put together and deliver effective marketing communications plans for each of the Company’s products, managing all processes involved including managing external suppliers, copywriting, design briefs, mailing instructions, print orders, etc
- Identify opportunities for product development and execute accordingly, working with the senior management team
- Formulate pricing strategies
- Develop appropriate marketing channels for target market segments
- Conduct ongoing analysis of marketing activity and event impact and effectiveness
- Manage the Company’s internal communications
- Implement, manage and analyse customer research in order to develop the product portfolio
- Develop, implement and maintain the Company’s data strategy, ensuring all internal stakeholders adhere to policies in place issuing guidelines and regular reinforcements
- Establish and manage relationships with external business providers taking accountability for contract/service negotiation, relationship management and performance monitoring.
- Management of ‘house style’ and ensuring all internal and external communications are of a consistent, quality standard
- Lead a marketing team; recruiting, retaining and developing staff
- Manage the marketing budget and ensuring best value from suppliers
Maintain an extensive and up to date knowledge of industry developments and trends through internal and external relationships.