This job has now expired
Business Development Manager
The Africa Channel is a global media network inspired by Africa and dedicated to providing bold, high-quality programming.
What you will do:-
- Develop relationships with major players in key industry sectors whose target market corresponds with The Africa Channel audiences.
- Identify advertising sales opportunities for both global agencies/brands and niche organisations.
- Work with a network of advertising sales agencies, direct staff and partners that specialise in television airtime sales, sponsorship and teleshopping in the UK market to optimize the channel’s revenues.
- Identify, secure and maintain sponsorship opportunities for global and local brands with identities that are complemented by The Africa Channel.
- Input into programming and marketing activities to maintain the channel’s appeal and work with Marketing, Programming and Finance to ensure the channel’s positioning is accurately reflected in sales deals.
What you will need
- Solid sales experience in the media industry (tv, print, radio, digital) with experience of channel launches a plus.
- An understanding of BARB ratings analysis
- Solid track record of delivering sponsorship/advertising revenue on or above target.
- Knowledge of international, multiplatform television broadcast markets and digital viewing
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients.
- Ability to identify commercial opportunities as a result of changes within the industry.
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.