A leading international Ad Exchange is seeking a Commercial Director. The successful candidate is either an experienced person in mananging a larger team or somebody who is looking for a step up into a Sales Director role who has the ability, drive and determination to do so.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Manage and lead a team of 5 Agency Sales professionals to ensure the achievement of business revenue targets in terms of volume of business defined by transactions and monetary targets. This will be achieved by the job holder working closely on an individual basis with all members of the team
- Achieve personal sales targets as defined by transactions and revenue targets with adjustment being made for Agency moves.
- Drive new revenue initiatives and ensure the team is communicating new business opportunities to their agencies including short term offers, site launches and research projects.
- Set objectives and targets for individual team members and monitor their performance against them. Provide coaching and mentoring as needed to support the team and make them successful. Take actions where targets are not being met and seek advice on appropriate remedial actions.
- Represent the company at a senior level with Agencies and have a personal credibility to be taken seriously by peers and senior executives within the agencies.
- Capability to ‘step up’ to a bigger role and cover the MD role during his absence.
- Manage the succession and development of team members. Identify the key requirements of talent development and manage the retention figures to keep a cohesive and successful team.
- An upbeat, focused and resilient individual
- A self-starter driven by personal and team success
- Enjoys their role and knows how to have fun, without diluting their professionalism
- Has a high number of useful and relevant personal contacts and well established network
- Articulate and able to express their views and ideas clearly and persuade and influence people they interact with