This job has now expired
My client is currently recruiting for a bi-lingual (German and/or Italian speaking) Sales Manager for a newly launched International Sales Force initiative.
The client is an international media company with a portfolio of exhibitions, conferences, publications and online media that span across the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. With its head office in London, Tarsus also has offices in France, USA, China, Turkey, India and UAE.
The principal strategy of the Group is to build a business that facilitates the development of relationships between buyers and sellers, helping them to do business in their respective markets efficiently and profitably. The organization seeks to achieve this by owning and managing the key exhibitions, conferences, print and online media in each sector in which it operates.
The company is now moving into the next phase of their development, where they intend to drive revenues into newly acquired events through increased international participation. This complex sales role will focus on selling a range of different events to an international audience. The products include, but are not limited to, exhibitions for the automotive industry in China and the homeware sector in Turkey. More sectors and territories will be added as the company aggressively pursues its international expansion.
· Managing international sales generation
· Bringing in new business by sourcing own leads and developing new client areas.
· Establishing long term client relationships.
· Cold calling.
· Build, establish, and accurately maintain, the sales database.
· Establish and manage a network of sales agents.
· Creative selling across a broad portfolio.
· Ability to sell a number of different products - exhibition stands, sponsorship opportunities, delegate registrations.
· To provide excellent customer service & after sales care.
· To sell against agreed targets.
· To work closely with other departments, mainly Marketing, Operations and Accounts.
· Build and manage relationships across the companies international offices
· Formulate sales plan for each event
· Accurate and timely reporting and administration
· To be able to sell internationally and capable of selling to mixed cultures.
· Some international sales travel may be necessary.
Minimum of 3-5 year sales experience
Skills and abilities:
· A thorough and demonstrable understanding of the sales process.
· Account management and sales management experience
· Confident telephone skills.
· Good closing skills.
· Ability to be resourceful and think laterally.
· Ability to build rapport with potential and existing clients.
· Excellent written and oral communicator.
· The ability to work both independently and as a team player.
· Ability to use initiative.
· Strong listening skills.
· Proactive approach.
· Good time management and organisational skills.
· Work to strict deadlines.
· Articulate, professional and well presented.
· Additional languages would be advantageous due to the international target audience.
· The candidate will also need to demonstrate a hunger to reach and exceed targets. He/she will need to be enthusiastic, driven, tenacious, determined, and motivated.
· German and/or Italian speakers
The role is an exciting opportunity to join a market leader with the potential of huge career growth. If interested please send your resume to Charlie.