This job has now expired
Qualifications & Experience
- Membership sales/Exhibition sales/ business development person
- Computer literate with sound knowledge of Access database, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of the workings of trade associations and/or membership organisations an advantage
- Driving licence
- Excellent negotiating, selling, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, resilient and enthusiastic
- Ability to sound upbeat and positive
- Confident to deal with all levels of staff,
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Attention to detail, thorough and methodical and meticulous record keeper
- Confidential, helpful and diplomatic
- Team player, but also able to work well unsupervised
- Punctual, good timekeeper, reliable and professional
- Smart and presentable
- To gain a thorough understanding of all the product areas
- To drive new business a sell Membership to sub contract companies within the sector with the full support of all departments.
- Sell and promote Membership services to member companies
- Achieve a minimum of 12 face to face visits a week; based on 7 new business and 5 existing MTA members.
- Achieve a minimum of 35 new members per annum
- Achieve an annual Membership retention of 5%
- To promote the trade show and sell stand space to promote the event and sell stand space using a variety of media, including trade press, telesales, email and direct postal marketing, and personal visits.
- To sell sponsorship to exhibitors.
- To gain a thorough understanding of all the product areas exhibited at the show and the requirements of the exhibitors to enable you to sell the exhibition and develop and gain new members.
- To report to and assist the Exhibition & Membership Sales Manager in the development and implementation of a marketing plan to retain the support of past exhibitors and attract new exhibitors.
- To develop and maintain a database of exhibitors and potential exhibitors for the show, including researching and identifying new potential members/exhibitors.
- To maintain contact with confirmed and unconfirmed exhibitors before, during and after the show, to develop the relationship, ensure customer satisfaction and secure future exhibitor loyalty.
- To visit appropriate competitive events to make contact with existing and potential exhibitors and to assess the competition and develop the association and the show offerings.
A truly focused recruitment business based in London’s West End, Gemini Search is part of Hamilton Bradshaw