This job has now expired
Business Development Manager – Tourism
Central London, W1
up to £40k + commission + benefits
Owing to the continued growth of the market our company specialises in, London’s leading publisher of visitor magazines for Global Tourists and Luxury Shoppers is looking to appoint an ambitious & experienced business development manager to expand its commercial operation.
Tourism to London is experiencing record growth and Morris Visitor Publications (MVP) is the preferred media partner for over 300+ 4 & 5 star hotels and the concierges that look after these visitors. Our portfolio of magazines, maps and guides has grown over recent years to include print in four different foreign languages together with exciting custom publishing projects and creative solutions that target this lucrative market.
We are a hard-working & entrepreneurial company with a focus on delivering results for both our advertisers and industry partners. Our client base ranges from the world’s leading luxury brands to all of London’s tourism companies and we’ve pioneered the concept of providing integrated communication solutions that are unique in the market place.
Well-respected, trusted and hugely creative, MVP is a forward-looking media company that now requires a talented individual to help it to achieve its ambitious growth targets over the coming years.
Here’s what we are looking for:
The successful candidate will be expected to work alongside the existing advertising sales team and focus almost exclusively on new business. This will be achieved by thoroughly understanding and researching the market and how MVP & its portfolio targets tourists at all levels. More and more organisations are seeing the benefit of promoting to the growing numbers of overseas visitors coming to our city and the Business Development Manager will be tasked with identifying, developing and implementing a series of structured, commercial ideas that incorporate all of the ‘ingredients’ at their disposal. These include ‘out of box’ type ideas such as foreign-language supplements or strategies for non-traditional market segments (property, finance) together with the growing need for digital companion products.
You must be a self-starter, with the drive to succeed and you will be expected to demonstrate strong personal and commercial skills in the following areas:
- New business development
- Key account management
- Creative solutions/custom publishing
- Senior sales background
This is a new role for 2013
- Extensive experience of selling a portfolio of lifestyle magazines to premium brands & their agencies.
- Demonstrable track record of sales success; with evidence of over-target results.
- Experience of selling custom/contract & creative solutions.
- Thorough understanding of the relationship between the brand and the editorial environment of the specific publication.
- Assertive, experienced sales-person with the ability to sell to senior-level decision makers.
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- New business hunter, strong business acumen and someone who takes pride in their work.
- Well-presented, organised, computer-literate.
- Ability to create and present complex sales propositions.
- Excellent ‘closer’ and confidence to secure best possible rate/yield across all existing and new business
Responsible To: Group Sales & Marketing Director
Start date – January 2013
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.