This job has now expired
Job Title: Account Director
Reporting to: Group Account Director
Direct Reports: Account Manager, Junior Account Executive
Purpose of Role: To be responsible for delivering excellence in client service and creative workflow through the development of effective client relationships and the creation of marketing strategies reflecting the best of the brand and Yellowdoor.
- Act as senior day to day contact to client regarding creative and production activity on owned accounts and ensure client satisfaction on the implementation of all brand and creative activities.
- Manage all account documentation and ensure that processes are followed and fit for purpose e.g. agendas, WIPs, critical paths, activity calendars, strategies, etc.
- Independently manage and deliver campaigns ensuring that all projects and work are delivered within budget and agreed timescales.
- Ensure the implementation of seasonal activity as approved by client.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify when client issues require senior input.
- Ensure the proactive planning of the team’s workload making sure that this reflects and meets the client’s needs and Yellowdoor commitments .
- Personally forge strong and effective relationships with senior players at each client.
- Constructively persuade or dissuade clients on relevant strategies, pushing and challenging when relevant to demonstrate the Yellowdoor integrated offer and ensure the best possible solution for the client.
- Be known with clients and internally as an authority on your clients.
- Manage the team to ensure that client relationships are positively developed and maintained. Support and make recommendations to attract and secure new clients for Yellowdoor.
- Work alongside internal client teams to craft seasonal strategies and recommendations.
- Assist in ensuring a true integrated offer for clients by working closely with other departments within the agency and creating joint responses to briefs.
- Ensure work is proactively planned and delivered to budget and timescales with all nuances of the brands being personally championed.
- To deliver added value in terms of retail and creative counsel.
- Identify and implement strategic partners for brand campaigns.
- Contribute ideas to and oversee the development of a programme of ‘on brand’ activities which deliver on the client’s briefs and objectives.
- Maintain awareness of the news and media agenda and actively come up with tactical ideas to maximise brand opportunities for clients.
- Seek solutions to obstacles and challenges received by clients, finding solutions and gaining client support.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the use of digital marketing using this knowledge to enhance our approach to client campaigns and strategies.
- Take the lead in the production of proposals and strategies demonstrating strong written skills in their content.
- Develop innovative methods to gain and build brand awareness of both clients and Yellowdoor and in response to client briefs.
- Generate inspiring and creative ideas for campaigns and strategies, involving the team within this process.
- Manage the collation of innovative communications campaigns by competitors, ensure this information is shared and used when developing future ideas.
- As required brief in and manage the development of activity within the Yellowdoor creative, production and third parties in line with client’s brand values.
- Manage the performance and development of the team, ensuring they receive clear and regular feedback and instruction.
- When appropriate deputise for the Group Account Director.
- Leads the team on working in an integrated and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrate and support the Yellowdoor values through personal behaviours and performance, and the management of others.
- Work with the People and Culture Manager to manage the recruitment of new team members.
- Work with the People and Culture Manager on the progression and development of the team, both short and long term.
- Natural leader; able to inspire and motivate others
- Great at developing a team Able to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Outstanding organisational skills Great at solving problems, resourceful
- Able to manage themselves and others
- Outstanding written skills with strong attention to detail
- Able to present articulately and confidently
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Great at building meaningful relationships at senior levels
- Outstanding awareness of and passion for retail Committed, passionate and energetic
- Calm under pressure
- Creative mind Independent thinker
- Team player
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button.