Business Development Manager
This job has now expired
Business Development Manager
Where is it based?
· Do you have proven experience in business development along with successful contract negotiation?
· Proven ability to grow revenue within the digital media arena
If so, then we want to hear from you.
Who is my manager?
Global Head of Business Development
Who are we?
Synonymous with accuracy, integrity and trust, Dow Jones & Company is one of the most respected brands in providing news and business information world-wide.
What is the role?
The Manager of Business Development is responsible for identifying and assessing opportunities, developing custom business proposals, growing revenue and distribution, negotiating a contract to a successful close with a priority on revenue and strategic impact on the Dow Jones enterprise businesses. You will collaborate closely with the editorial, product development, technology, institutional sales and operations, marketing, and analytics professionals defining and executing upon future plans specifically in EMEA. The key area of responsibility will be focusing on aggressively optimizing existing relationships along with generating creative new revenue opportunities through partnerships leveraging existing assets.
What is my personal contribution?
· Work with team to align Business Development strategy with product and editorial priorities
· Proactively identify potential opportunities and think creatively in business situations.
· Develop formalized business plan; defining appropriate category strategy, commercial terms, editorial execution plan
· Research potential partners as strategic needs are identified
· Work closely across multiple functional areas (sales, marketing, product, editorial) to develop consistent and efficient strategies and executions
· Manage team of business development professionals across the region
· Analyse research on key industry trends particularly digital, social and mobile, making recommendations on revenue and distribution opportunities
· Consult with existing and potential partners to negotiate and execute digital deals
· Prepare analysis and develop recommendations to present to key stakeholders
· Negotiate and bring deals to completion in partnership with key stakeholders
· Develop relationships across the larger Dow Jones organization with a view to collaborating and furthering our business goals
· Proven experience of working in digital media within a business development or related capacity
· Deep knowledge and understanding of digital landscape, including mobile, video and social
· Demonstrated creative problem solving, value analysis with a solid knowledge of product marketing and editorial issues
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written building both internal and external relationships
· Strong background in contract negotiation is essential
· Must be pro-active, organized and efficient with the ability to demonstrate flexibility
· MBA preferred
How do you apply? - If you feel that this integral and exciting position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please submit your CV which must state your salary expectations to be considered to email@example.com
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted. Closing date: Friday 21st December 2012