Principal Sales Executive
What’s the job?
Principal Sales Executive
Where do I work?
News International Commercial, Wapping
Who’s my manager?
Travel Team Manager
What is the goal of this role?
Reporting to the Team Manager, the Principal Sales Executive is responsible for selling the News International print, digital, tablet & mobile portfolio to a set territory of key clients and agencies that contribute to the vertical team and departmental budgets. Working to set key performance indicators, the Principal Sales Executive will provide an industry leading customer experience as well as setting the best possible example to colleagues at all times. Demonstration of the News International Commercial values is expected at all times.
What are my accountabilities?
• Takes full accountability for an individually assigned territory, illustrated through a business plan covering sales, yield and share.
• Takes full accountability of leads assigned and proactively sources new leads.
• Is expected to achieve a minimum of six hours of telephone call times per week.
• Conducts effective meetings with full preparation including set objectives, agendas and a comprehensive follow up for every appointment.
• Through conducting a minimum of one meeting per agency/key client/consultancy, demonstrates an ability to influence decision makers through confidently presenting, negotiating and closing a sale.
• Consistently works closely with their team and peers to identify business needs and opportunities across their shared vertical territory and the wider business.
• Understands the importance of and attends relevant industry events to develop existing relationships and new business opportunities.
• Uses research data and market intelligence to create and develop bespoke client presentations and proposals.
• Displays a strong knowledge of the News International print and digital portfolio, competitor products and the vertical marketplace in which he/she sells.
• Demonstrates a clear comprehension of how the sales structure delivers results and contributes to an effective meeting.
• Displays competency and understanding of the relevant systems and processes within News International Commercial.
• Manages digital campaign performance and liaises with Ad Traffic to optimise performance and delivery.
• Possesses an awareness of all relevant stakeholders and has the ability to communicate effectively using appropriate channels of communication, including CRM.
• Sets a positive example to the classified team, supporting the Team Manager at all times and deputising when necessary.
• Is responsible for frequent reports of territory revenue, sales, opportunities and threats to their Team Manager
• Complies with all News International policies and procedures.
How do I perform my role?
• I proactively keep up-to-date on Travel trends, major clients in the industry (and their spending behaviour with NI) and current advertising behaviours and drivers for the vertical
• I am driven by revenue targets
• I go out of my way to understand the company’s strategic objectives
• I provide superior customer service to my clients
• I seek out leads and opportunities to present my ideas to clients
• I ask the right questions and I listen to the answers
• I challenge appropriately in order to do the right thing for the business
• I adapt my style according to the client and situation
• I set a good example and I inspire others to perform at their best
• I share best practice and insight with my colleagues
• I offer opinion
• I embrace new ways of working
What skills and experience must I have?
• Knowledge of the Travel industry
• Demonstration of the Commercial values
• Working knowledge of the Classified print, digital and mobile market
• Good communicator
• Accountable & action-orientated
Who are my external contacts?
• Advertising & media buying agencies
• Clients direct
About News UK
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people who stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers