Classified Ad Sales - National Press
Primary purpose is to sell advertisements into the relevant category classified sections of a national newspaper across both print and online; largely over the telephone. They are looking for a candidate with 6-12+ months media sales (classified) to join a vibrant and dynamic sales division.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Achieve a minimum phone time of one and a half hours per day
• Achieve a minimum of 150 effective calls per week
• Effectively dealing with and selling to both ad agencies and direct clients
• Canvas new business over the phone from lead sources as designated by the Features Sales Manager
• Manage the flatplans to ensure all space is sold. Ensure that minimum yield targets are met for all paginations
• Phone back all clients that have advertised in order to check response and discuss future requirements / sell repeat business
• Sell to, and regularly service contract, regular, infrequent and former clients in order to maximise revenue ( both incoming and outbound )
• Answer phone calls that are made into the department and deal with all enquiries in a professional and efficient manner
• Book advertisements correctly onto the system to ensure that they appear in the right part of the newspaper and are charged at the correct agreed rate
• Maintain accurate customer records for future reference
• Report back relevant business information to Features Sales Manager through regular team meetings and monthly reports
• Deal quickly and efficiently with all invoice queries and resolve within 5 days
• 6+ Months media sales experience (preferably Classified)
• Sound digital and print sales experience
• Experience in working to deadline driven sales environment
• Experience in working in an office based environment
• Customer facing experience
If you feel this role would be a good fit for you please send through a CV, with a brief summary of your suitability for the position.
About Moriati Media
Established in 1986, Moriati is a unique recruitment consultancy which specialises in placing candidates within the media sales industry. Our specialist areas include Online/Digital, Publishing, Broadcast, Exhibitions/Conferences and Outdoor/Ambient.