Advertising Sales Executives (8)
What’s the job?
Advertising Sales Executive
Where do I work?
News International Commercial, Wapping
Who’s my manager?
Group Sales Manager
What is the goal of this role?
To develop and maintain profitable revenue-driving relationships with News International clients with a specified agency group, in order to enhance revenue performance.
What are my accountabilities?
• Understanding the agency’s strategy, spending behaviour and overall business objectives. This will include the understanding the client base of the agency group, current spending by client and historic buying behaviours
• Understanding the agency deal as negotiated by the Deal team and what this means for conducting day to day interactions with the agency
• Delivering revenue to meet targets as set for me by sales management
• Taking direction from the Group Sales Manager to respond to the needs of agency deals and line by line client contracts to focus tactical sales efforts within the agency group
• Building relationships with agency media buyers and planning personnel
• Conducting regular meetings with the agency buyers and planners to agree the plans for laying down adverts in advance in line with contractual obligations and to up-sell and cross-sell. This includes using meetings as an opportunity to educate the agency about the NI portfolio and our various platforms and ultimately increasing the agency’s spend with NI
• Understanding and articulating the value proposition of each of the NI brands and platforms (including audience – characteristics and demographics, brand alignment with categories and value delivered by brands – reach and CPM value) and promoting all products with agencies within the group
• Establishing new ways of doing business with agencies that look to extend beyond ads on the page
• Bringing together propositions from across Sales (using Category and Partnerships teams) to provide valuable insight and analysis to the agency regarding trends and spending behaviours to drive current spend and new / additional spending
• Using segmentation as client identification and to form a strategy as per the findings to inform and guide activity with the agency
• Managing queries / issue resolution for the agency in a timely manner – this may include queries relating to invoices or managing ad delivery (position)
• Helping to create sales documents for the agency team and support the identification of opportunities for business development within the agency where possible
How do I perform my role?
• I proactively keep up-to-date on agency activities (including client migration), major clients with the agency (and their spending behaviour with NI) and current advertising behaviours and drivers in the industry
• I am driven by revenue targets
• I collaborate with the Category and Partnerships teams in order to get results for my clients
• I go out of my way to understand the company’s strategic objectives
• I provide superior customer service to my agency contacts
• I seek out leads and opportunities to present my ideas to the agency
• I ask the right questions and I listen to the answers
• I challenge appropriately in order to do the right thing for the business
• I adapt my style according to the agency representative and situation
• I set a good example and I inspire others to perform at their best
• I share best practice and insight with my colleagues
• I offer opinion
• I embrace new ways of working
What skills and experience must I have?
• A solid sales background with proven ability to develop compelling and dynamic multi-media propositions
• Unparalleled communication, presentation and negotiation skills
• A collaborative approach with strong influencing skills
• Strong administrative skills
• Analytical skills with proven ability to interrogate data to inform decisions
• Good attention to detail
• Good understanding of budgets and revenue performance
• Ability to communicate confidently with clients and agencies, understanding their marketing objectives and to articulate the NI portfolio
• Able to collaborate with and influence key stakeholders internally
Wo are my external contacts?