This job has now expired
Reports to: Portfolio Director.
The role for the Marketing Director involves taking responsibility for visitor and exhibitor marketing campaign delivery across one of the compnaies flagship portfolios covering an existing portfolio of 4 events in Hong Kong, Switzerland and Brazil.
The role requires the man management of a team of 2 marketing managers (London), 2 marketing executives (London), 1 marketing executive (Hong Kong) and dotted line responsibility for a team of circa 3 marketers working from the Brazil office. The role naturally requires the development of this marketing team and therefore proven experience in leading large and geographically diverse marketing teams is essential.
The role also incorporates strategic development of the existing products as well as new product development for which the Marketing Director will work closely with the Portfolio Director to grow the business for which they are responsible.
The successful candidate will have complete responsibility for visitor numbers and delegate revenue, across the portfolio as well as ensuring the marketing team supports the sales teams in achieving its targets.
The successful candidate will be expected to quickly evaluate and learn the existing processes and be responsible for ensuring the marketing team adheres to best practice principles across all marketing communication (including data protection, social media).
The role will also include mentoring responsibilities for other marketers within business on an ad hoc basis
This is a 'hands on' role so a high degree of technical marketing ability and proven success in delivering campaigns is a must. This is not a pure management role and the ability to lead by example and 'get stuck in' is essential.
The role involves extensive international travel.
The successful candidate requires
- At least 5 years' experience working for an international B2B exhibition organiser
- Be confident in creating, developing and implementing marketing initiatives
- A proven track record of delivering successful Vis Prom Marketing campaigns
- Experience of marketing and growing international events
- A confident man manager with proven team management experience
- Excellent budgeting skills, including accurate forecasting and tracking of costs
- An ability to think strategically about Marketing initiatives
- You will be expected to continue to develop the marketing strategies across the portfolio and work closely with the Portfolio Director and the marketing team to deliver market leading initiatives
- An ability to motivate one's self and not require micro managing. Whilst understanding his/her own abilities, strengths and weaknesses to manage around them effectively and know when to ask for help.
Skills Required Cont.:
Leadership & Strategy
- Lead teams and possess the confidence and ability to drive change and growth
- Personnel development; managing performance, training staff and leading individuals through their personal development plans using regular team meetings, appraisals and one on ones
- Ability to understand the structure and relationships within an industry in order to add value to exhibitions decision making and highlight development opportunities
- Gravitas and confidence to engage in face to face meetings with key clients in order to build relationships and deepen understanding of key issues that face the industry. To have the ability to interpret these issues and understand the impact, threat and opportunity these may have on visitor and exhibitor groups and how this should feed into event strategy.
- Exemplary communication skills; ability to motivate and demand high standards
- Manage the budgeting process with the Portfolio Director and Managing Director to create budgets that are accurate and realistic in order to achieve financial, operational and growth objectives
- Campaign planning and implementation; overseeing the production of timely and thorough marketing plans as well as production of post event analysis (requiring accurate monitoring throughout the event cycle)
- Execution of campaigns; results orientated and ensuring activities remain on track and on time
- Analysis of campaigns and the ability to spot areas for incremental improvements, make recommendations and take responsibility for delivering noticeable progress
- Onsite delivery and management of key partners
- Ability to deliver consistent high quality work with excellent attention to detail
- Work within budgets to achieve the results agreed
- Creative skills and copywriting must be of a very high standard and demonstrate a closeness and real understanding of the market and the event core proposition
Education and other:
- Graduate level with strong academic background
- Market knowledge is a plus but not essential (this can be learnt, quickly!)
A truly focused recruitment business based in London’s West End, Gemini Search is part of Hamilton Bradshaw