Classified Sales Manager-Consumer
Classified Sales Manager
to £30 k+ comm OTE £ 42k
Fantastic opportunity to take a first step into full management or to move to a new role as a manager for this leading consumer publisher.This role will put you in the spotlight as you are going to be at the core of one of the most classified- rich titles which is the darling of this consumer portfolio. You will be in pole position to develop a great career at the heart of this massive consumer publisher.
This role is to run a small but extremely busy classified team which is highly transactional so needs a lot of support in terms of admin, reporting and people developing. In addition to managing there will be some key account management.
The classified sales team operates in an extremely fast paced environment and are responsible for the single largest revenue generating publication in the department, so strong planning and organisational qualities are essential.
General duties include:
· Management of 3 magazine titles performance and development (ongoing and forward planning) including achieving sales team targets, maximising revenue and sourcing new revenue initiatives.
· Managing and motivating the sales team of 6 on a day to day basis
· Developing individual staff to meet their potential career aims
· Liaison with other departments whenever necessary, eg. Editorial, production, marketing and publishing
· Attendance at external trade and consumer shows relevant to the sector
· Experience and knowledge of online and in particular classified directories
· Introducing and implementing new revenue generating strategies and processes to the fast paced environment
Key qualities for this role would be a strong sales and people management skills, good customer service, good understanding of the digital and print market, and exceptional administration skills whilst operating in a fast paced environment.