A fantastic and rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Account Manager to join The Third Sector Display / Research team.
In its twentieth year, Third Sector has firmly positioned itself as the number one brand at the core of the charity and not-for-profit sector. This has been cemented further with Third Sector recently receiving highly commended at the 2012 Periodical Publishers Association (PPA) Awards in the business brand of the year category. Third Sector has a reputation for delivering high quality and trusted editorial content with a clear philosophy ‘to help charity and not-for-profit professionals to do their jobs better’.
Third Sector Research
Third Sector Research launched in 2010 after the success of Charity Brand Index, a report based on a survey of consumers’ perceptions of charities and sold to individual organisations. As part of your role on Third Sector you will sell a range of high-quality, paid-for research reports aimed at the voluntary sector market. The role is available due to an internal move at Haymarket and would require a strong sales person to take the brand to the next level. With a clear online strategy in place, the successful candidate will particularly have a passion for driving and delivering high online revenues. The ideal candidate will be a strong account manager looking for their next challenge in a fascinating and rewarding sector. You would have a consultative, strategic and intelligent sales approach, with experience in selling on a large brand portfolio.
The right applicant will be able to provide evidence of:
Experience of working in a comparable role which includes account management and face to face sales
- Ability to work across a wide portfolio selling a wide range of products including print display, online solutions, conference sponsorship, awards sponsorship and online events
- Ability to manage and grow existing accounts as well developing new business opportunities
- Outstanding personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of clients at all levels
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Consultative sales approach both over the phone and face to face
- Sound understanding of selling a varied digital offering
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as be able to self-motivate when under pressure
- Willingness to learn and develop new idea
- Positive and enthusiastic with ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to take constructive criticism, and to apply it
- Disciplined, hard working and prepared to go the extra mile
- A strong, supportive team player who has a healthy sense of competition
- Mature, flexible, professional
- Excellent personal standards, including time keeping and appearance
- Able to communicate with your managers and other team members in all circumstances.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that has excellent sales skills but is also interested in the bigger picture of running and developing a business.
About Haymarket Media Group
Whether you’re looking to start a career in media or you’re already an established player, why not come and join this influential publisher, with an outstanding history of success and a future full of growth, expansion and exciting challenges?