Sales Director, Local Deals
Based in London with bi-monthly travel to Manchester
Travelzoo (Europe) Ltd is the European subsidiary of Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ: TZOO), a global Internet media company. Travelzoo is the world’s largest publisher of travel and entertainment deals, with more than 26 million weekly subscribers.
Travelzoo has operated in Europe since May 2005. Travelzoo’s European media properties, which reach 6 million travel enthusiasts in France, Germany, Spain and the UK, include the Travelzoo Top 20® list, the Newsflash™ email alert service, Travelzoo® websites, the Travelzoo Network™, the SuperSearch™ tool, Fly.com™ and Travelzoo Local Deals™.
Travelzoo’s Deal Experts, in 25 offices around the world, follow a one-of-a-kind process to source, verify and alert subscribers to the very best travel and entertainment offers.
Based in our central London office near Covent Garden, the Sales Director, Local Deals will help accelerate our growth within the UK online sector and have the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and vision to the organization, which is made up of sales and editorial teams based throughout the UK.
- Work with Travelzoo’s successful business model and leverage existing systems and infrastructure wherever possible to ensure profitable growth.
- Analyse output and results to ensure optimisation of limited publishing assets.
- Identify potential new strategic clients and implement an effective sales strategy to build a strong client base.
- Define content parameters and create editorial calendars to ensure sales and production focus.
- Execute a sound business plan to grow revenues, acquire additional advertisers and expand the reach of publishing content through strategic partnerships
- Monitor product performance and lead improvement projects in conjunction with US-based project development managers and developers
- Effectively utilise tracking and reporting systems to monitor growth and report progress to the VP Local Deals, Europe and the US-based executive team
- Work with HR to consistently improve the skills, knowledge and drive of all employees; maintain and record thorough performance management plans
- Liaise closely with the trade and consumer marketing teams managed centrally to ensure that Local Deals UK needs are being addressed; oversee marketing and trade materials and initiatives relating to Local Deals UK.
- Work with the European leadership team to ensure smooth interdepartmental coordination.
- Become the Travelzoo Local Deals spokesperson in coordination with the corporate group, represent the Travelzoo expertise and value proposition to trade and consumer stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree from a reputable institution, and ideally a post-graduate designation (MBA or similar)
- Media and/or advertising and/or Internet experience at a leadership level,
- Experience in business growth, leadership and team building, business development, sales, marketing
- Editorial competence, with superior written skills and fundamental understanding of the importance of quality content
- Proven ability to lead and grow an organization in a high-energy, highly results-focused environment
- Skills in working with clients to outline the economic value proposition and ROI of a product solution
- Ability to thrive in a corporate culture that is built on tier one advertisers, and a commitment to quality work across short timeframes
- Ideally have an understanding of the online deal publishing industry in the UK
- Have a high-performance focus, a solid work ethic and personal drive, and a very hands-on nature
- Hold a clear passion and energy for business
- Possess an open, friendly, straightforward style that shuns corporate politics
- Bring interpersonal skills to an environment with multiple decision-makers
- Possess solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate mental and intellectual agility, business maturity, attention to detail and solid judgment
- Have impeccable personal integrity and business ethics
- Bring gravitas, maturity, and exceptional management skills
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and mediation skills
- Be a strong team-player who values the contributions of others and recognizes the value of diversity in background and opinions
What we offer
Competitive salary and bonus opportunity
Excellent global career opportunities in a high-growth company
Unique travel perk
If you recognize yourself in the profile, please click the "Apply now" button.