This job has now expired
The International Business Times UK edition is looking for a talented and dynamic agency sales representative to monetise its UK traffic and global traffic.
We are looking for someone who has substantial digital agency & client relations. The successful candidate should thrive in a start-up environment working on own initiative and developing the sales landscape at IBTimes UK edition and also for the global network of IBTimes’ 10 editions. You will be expected to collaborate with colleagues in other editions, mainly based in NY, to come up with joint proposals that are global in nature.
The online properties of IBTimes consist of over 15 million global unique and over 1.5 million UK unique visitors. The audience size has been growing month on month and this trend is expected to continue. This exciting new role will provide an excellent career path for a professional Digital Sales Executive. A generous salary and commission package is offered.
* Pro-actively drive online advertising revenue, meeting and exceeding goals.
* Strategise with clients to create strategic solutions to their individual needs.
* Manage and grow existing client base.
* Develop new business through own network of contacts and prospecting.
* Generate "big ideas" for new advertising possibilities on the site.
* Develop significant sales pipeline in first quarter.
* Manage and input top digital agencies and top digital advertisers into Sales force extracting data from Brad ALF database and Linkedin and or via Google search plus in addition seeking digital agency organograms.
* Input into IBTimes digital agency and client events including breakfast briefings and other appropriate networking events.
* Plan a minimum of 5 -8 digital agency and or relevant client digital sales meeting per week.
* Use telephone effectively to make appointments, pitch new ideas and keep in regular contact with existing clients and agencies.
* When in the office aim to make at least 30 effective calls per day to ensure we cover top 100 digital agencies and clients.
* Use all available business development tools and resources to spot new digital campaigns by reading relevant digital press such as “The Drum “, NMA, Media Week, Campaign. Also look at digital associations such as AOP and IAB plus USA AD Nation.
* Seek out relevant digital and or digital agency related events for networking.
* Input into sales and marketing strategy including development of email database, regular research surveys and new product development.
* Create a weekly, monthly, quarterly sales strategy and action plan and produce a weekly activity report for UK Sales Director.
* Work in partnership with US New York team to ensure we cover all international agencies and maximise every global campaign opportunity.
• My have experience in digital media sales
• Attention to detail; and strong oral and written communication skills.
• Highly self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
• Strong track record in digital ad sales, including; agency contacts and a proven ability to sell, close and break new business.
• Must be able to sell conceptual, multi-faceted and lucrative ad programs.
• Excellent negotiation skills with an ability to adapt to change in a fast paced atmosphere
• BA/BSc degree a required.
• Administer and Manage latest reporting and forecasting of all digital advertising sales efforts
• Ability to respond precisely and timely to senior management’s request for information
• Develop positive relationships with all level clients
• Work closely with Directors to develop sales strategy and plan to aggressively grow advertising revenue and to reach regional sales goals
• Take initiative to look for, produce, and sell unique impressions and packages that upsell the news publications’ business
• Aggressively seek new clients, while managing inactive / underperforming accounts
• Work strategically and collaboratively with all internal departments (editorial, audience analytics & development, marketing, PR, production, administrative office) to produce the finest and most exclusive benefit to clients, to position the news publication as the leading product in its grouping, to build proposals that assist in positioning the news publication