Classified Sales Manager - Consumer
Classified Sales Manager - Major consumer publisher
to £35k + comm
This role is to run a small but extremely busy classified team which is
highly transactional so needs a lot of support in terms of admin, reporting
and people developing. In addition to managing there will be some key account
management. The role manages both print and online classified revenues.
The classified sales team operates in an extremely fast paced environment and
are responsible for the largest revenue generating publications and websites in the
department, so strong planning and organisational qualities are essential.
General duties include:
- · Management of magazine titles performance and development (ongoing
- and forward planning) including achieving sales team targets, maximising revenue
- and sourcing new revenue initiatives.
- Management and forward planning for web sales and great ideas person to additional revenue sources online
- · Managing and motivating the sales team on a day to day basis
- · Developing individual staff to meet their potential career aims
- · Liaison with other departments whenever necessary, eg. Editorial,
- production, marketing and publishing
- · Attendance at external trade and consumer shows relevant to the
- · Experience and knowledge of online
- · Introducing and implementing new revenue generating strategies and
- processes to the fast paced environment
Key qualities for this role would be a strong sales and people management
skills, good customer service, good understanding of the digital and
print market, and exceptional administration skills whilst operating in a fast
A niche recruitment consultancy specialising in recruitment of media sales, digital and marketing positions ranging from entry level to senior management level.