This job has now expired
Illustrated London News Ltd, a London luxury publishing and digital agency, is looking for an Advertising Sales Manager to lead the advertising sales drive for two high-profile customer magazines (luxury automotive and heritage organisation) published as both print and digital editions.
The Role – Key Objectives
- Generating sales leads, building relationships, looking after client base and closing advertising deals within a target‐driven environment.
- Making sales presentations on behalf of ILN (and its advertising interests) to clients direct and media planning agencies
- Meeting, and exceeding, advertising sales revenue targets, across print and digital. The digital sales will include sales into digital magazines and iPad / iPhone applications.
- Cross selling into other ILN titles, including creative solutions on a national newspaper we represent
- Gathering market and client information and feeding intelligence into the business
- Representing ILN at exhibitions, events and other networking opportunities
- Sourcing value-add offers for readership
- Recording sales and order information efficiently and quickly.
Skills and experience required:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience selling advertising for print and online including understanding of selling into online/apps
- Strong luxury and travels credentials and contacts, proven track record selling into these sectors as well as mainstream clients and brands.
- Proactive and efficient in closing advertising deals, with strong negotiation skills and the ability to communicate effectively to clients and internally.
- The role will suit someone with an interest in the luxury and travel sectors, who is creative and commercial, always keen to think outside the ordinary in the interests of their clients to devise new and innovative advertising solutions
- Experience of dealing with media planning & buying agencies as well as clients directly.
- Excellent face-to-face meeting skills and telephone manner – personable, well-presented
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, organisational and IT skills
- Ability to work within a wider sales team as well as being able to work under own initiative.
- Someone who is passionate about their work, the company and the magazines they will be working on.
- Someone with a consultative, persuasive approach to sales, not the hard sell.
- Confident approach, understands the value of relevant ideas and ability to think on feet
- High performance under pressure and adherence to deadlines
- Highly motivated and pro-active with great sense of initiative
- Continually looking to develop and improve
And finally, and importantly, a sense of humour!
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button