Consumer Magazines, Digital / Online
Depending on experience
News Editor, Features Editor, Sub Editor / Production Editor
WhatCar.com, Britain’s leading car reviews website, is looking for a new web producer.
The successful candidate will have proven online editorial experience, and enjoy working in a large, dynamic editorial team.
You will have excellent writing, subbing and proofing skills, coupled with a naturally analytical mind and fastidious attention to detail. You’ll also know how to generate ideas that will build on WhatCar.com’s already considerable success.
You’ll have experience of targeting editorial content to meet the needs of our readership and our business goals. Knowledge of and enthusiasm for cars and the car industry will certainly be an advantage, but not essential.
Reporting directly to the editor in chief and working with the editorial team, you will be responsible for:
- Helping refine WhatCar.com’s content strategy
- Improving performance through analysis and continual optimisation
- Helping set best publishing practice for the editorial team
- Working with the product manager and marketing team to promote the site
- Helping pursue and communicate a multi-platform strategy
- Undertaking ongoing competitor and user