This job has now expired
Head of Sales
Board of Directors
London Bridge, SE1
£55,000 - £65,000
KEY DELIVERABLES OF THIS ROLE
To achieve the company’s sales objectives across our range of print, digital and event products by the effective design & delivery of strategic sales plans.
To manage & develop our sales staff, leading by example in terms of sales technique, work volumes and attitude and approach to business, to create & maintain a highly motivated & effective team.
Regular & timely communication with the board regarding business issues & risks, personnel issues, new sales opportunities and other related matters.
- Working as part of the senior management team to effectively deliver the agreed company strategy & reinforce our core company values.
- Leading the sales effort through the effective delivery of sales presentations to senior industry figures within the Credit, Insolvency and Payroll markets, both face to face and over the telephone, across our full portfolio of products.
- Maximising profit margin on all products through effective negotiation.
- Recruitment, training and on-going development of all sales personnel.
- Monitoring & performance management of brand sales teams, in line with agreed company targets, policies & procedures, identifying areas for improvement, implementing individual remedial plans as appropriate.
- Preparation & delivery of robust sales plans across all brands/products based on comprehensive analysis of markets/clients.
- Achieve maximum levels of customer satisfaction, retention & spend through regular service development reviews & meetings.
- Proactive involvement in all product development discussions, using market intelligence gained via client contact to inform decisions.
- Representing our brands at both internal and external industry events & functions.
- Active involvement with the budgeting/forecasting process across the business.
- Establishing and developing relationships with key industry figures with a view to maximising sales & business opportunities and building brand profile.
- Working pro-actively with other departments to ensure our commercial objectives are achieved. (Finance, Events, Marketing, Editorial etc.)
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ideally a minimum of five years’ experience of senior level B2B sales management
- Proven track record of personal sales achievement
- Experience of building relationships at senior level ideally within finance related sectors
- The ability to assimilate complex information quickly
- Proven people management & motivation skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation& persuasion skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Confident & professional manner
- An accomplished leader of people
- Proven commercial acumen / entrepreneurial flair
- Strong decision-making skills and accountability
- Team player
- Flexible regarding UK travel and working hours (attending events, meeting etc.)