Syndication Sales Executive
Job Title: Syndication Sales Executive
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Department: Syndication, Group Publishing Services
Overview of Role
To meet and exceed personal and departmental sales targets by licensing content to existing and new customers across the world.
The role is required to demonstrate an excellent understanding of our content , a clear understanding of the secondary licensing of content and the ability to build and develop relationship with editorial teams and contributors to enable you to identify and drive new sales opportunities.
Keys Tasks/Results Areas
- Drive monthly sales to achieve/exceed personal targets and in support of the overall revenue targets. Ensure you are aware of the value of each sale by having a good understanding of our royalty commitments and any cost of sale.
- Ensure all customer inquiries/opportunities are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all systems used by the Syndication team and input to the development roadmap of ‘local systems’ e.g. CRM, Capture, website.
- Create opportunities to develop new sales/contract opportunities with customers by presenting our products and services to them
- Developing creative new ‘content packages’/services for sale.
- Ensure your customers receive daily mail shots (as appropriate) and have access to view relevant collections via our e-Commerce platforms.
- Develop a good working knowledge of syndication contracts, including agent agreements, and any exclusivity offered which needs to observed
- Develop strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders e.g. Editorial departments, Contributors, etc.
- Ensure full compliance with CRM processes and input all sales leads, opportunities and associated outcomes in real-time.
- To follow up with lapsed customers to understand their business requirements with a view to re-establishing a business relationship.
- Assist with the development and implementation of marketing strategies to existing and new customers to drive sales opportunities.
- Clear rights with contributors where the rights status is unclear or they are not yet signed up to syndicate
- Liaise with Editorial departments to establish content rights and clearance.
- Have an excellent understanding of your sector and continually look for opportunities to extend the scope and increasing your customer base
- Work with and provide direction to Sales Support Executives in support of meeting our customer’s requirements.
- Determine annual sales strategy for your sector and input to overall department sales strategy.
- Participate in sales/creative meetings to share customer experiences and content information/opportunities.
- Be involved in the planning process and exhibiting at trade shows to maximise the effectiveness.
- Providing cover across the team as required.
Key Technical Skills Required
- Proven prospecting, negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent understanding of the sales cycle, including personal and departmental performance against targets
- Strong understanding of copyright and content licensing
- Good understanding of best practice and opportunities across the industry
- Good understanding of Microsoft Dynamics CRM software
- Ability to use SAP accounting system
- Read trade press, quality press and relevant information to maintain up to date knowledge for the media and syndication marketplace
Key Personal Skills Required
- Display a positive/’can do’ and results driven attitude
- Experience of working in a customer-focused environment with the ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Excellent communication style and skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and your key stakeholders
- Demonstrate the ability to self motivate and show resourcefulness
- Ability to work and make decisions at speed to ensure customer deadlines are achieved
- Demonstrate strong team working skills, including supporting the department and colleagues by selling across sectors.
Group Publishing Services