This job has now expired
My client is looking for a dynamic, energetic, and creative Commercial Manager to continue and build on its success. The successful candidate will play a key role in taking the portfolio forward and in achieving it’s objectives in 2013 and beyond. The market is exciting, global and people-oriented, so the ideal candidate will need to be able to combine solid sales management skills and experience, with a flair, energy and ability to forge excellent relationships which will excite customers in this industry.
Within this role you will lead a sales team of three As well as managing and leading the team you will also have product ownership for our advertising portfolio and driving the growth of digital revenue.
- Manage a team of 3 salespeople
- Have ability to build strong relationships with key clients and industry bodies
- Ensuring that the sales team exceed their sales objectives and minimum expectations are met
- Deal with performance management issues where needed and highlight those who are star performers
- Drive digital revenue growth
- Product innovation and ownership of projects which will grow our business
- Run effective sales coaching sessions
- Conduct regular developmental meetings with each team member
- Recruitment & the successful induction of new team members
- Create a motivated and winning team environment
- Run and drive effective sales drive days
- Effective planning, organisation & reporting
- Motivating self & others
- Working with management team to bring projects to fruition
- Communication and interaction across the whole sales team and other stakeholders to ensure consistency and
Management and senior field sales experience from within a B2B publishing background. Demonstrate a successful track record of people management skills within a telesales and field sales environment.
A proven track record of sales success from both a personal sales track record and that of a successful team. Strong commercial acumen. You will be very people orientated with excellent communication and relationship building skills, demonstrable negotiating skills and the ability to build strong working relationships. The successful candidate will have a real passion for the product and through this passion drive sales and maximise revenue especially digital revenue.
This person will also have experience of bringing digital product innovations to market and driving their growth.
Salary is up to £37K per annum with the opportunity to achieve a further £13K per annum on commission