This job has now expired
Head of Marketing and Business Development
Top quartile salary to attract the best
BioCity is the leading Bioscience incubator business in the UK. It has grown rapidly since it was launched in 2003 and now has two sites, one in Nottingham and another near Glasgow. Expansion to further sites is expected in the coming months.
The company provides facilities and services to early stage companies in the life sciences sector, creating environments which maximise the chances of companies succeeding. BioCity makes a major contribution to the local economy and has been responsible for the creation of a significant number of jobs but, while this success is satisfying, the company is driven on a purely commercial basis to expand profitably. The executive and board now have highly ambitious plans to further grow the business.
Due to these expansion plans, BioCity is now seeking an exceptional Head of Marketing and Business Development to operate at Group level and to join a highly motivated and dynamic team to take the company to the next stage of its growth.
Based in Nottingham, your goal will be to use your marketing and business development skills to demonstrably increase BioCity’s revenues.
This is a broad reaching executive role which offers the right individual the flexibility and freedom to develop as they see fit.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall marketing strategy for BioCity group with the aim of:
- Positioning BioCity as the leader in bioscience incubation in the UK and subsequently further afield so as to ensure the business is well placed to take advantage of new opportunities;
- Communicating key messages about BioCity to existing and potential tenants and other customers so as to increase the pipeline of business;
- Overseeing and enforcing consistent application of the look and feel of the BioCity branding across the sites;
You will responsible for obtaining market intelligence and customer feedback and ensuring this is reflected in our approach to the market and in the development of new products to address market need.
In addition you will be responsible for the development, maintenance and implementation of marketing tools that are common across the BioCity Group including:
- Marketing materials
- Contact databases
- Events and networks
- Other tools you see fit to develop and use
You will work closely with local BioCity teams to develop, maintain and implement the marketing tools.
You will also provide support to local BioCity site teams in helping them to develop and implement locally relevant marketing strategies, ensuring local strategies are in place and that they are being effectively implemented.
You will be expected to identify and take the lead in attending conferences and events where appropriate and securing relevant speaking engagements for BioCity executives and non-executives.
You will be the main point of contact with BioCity’s PR agency, working with the agency to deliver marketing goals.
Finally, you will develop and lead specific marketing campaigns as and when they arise.
You will complement the local business development activities by identifying new business opportunities (tenants or other users of BioCity services) and pursuing them in collaboration with local resources.
The role will require some travel, including overseas, but it is not likely to be extensive.
You will report directly to the BioCity Group CEO.
In the first instance you will have no direct reports but will work closely with staff at various BioCity sites. It is likely your own team will be built as and when it is justified.
- Educated to at least degree level at a top tier university;
- Further qualification in marketing;
- Good knowledge of and excellent networks within the life science industry
- High level of intellectual rigour;
- Able to think strategically yet with an impeccable attention to detail;
- Demonstrable experience at developing and running effective marketing campaigns, ideally in service-based businesses;
- Skilled in Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Good presentational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
- Highly organised
- Ability to lead through influence and expertise
A CV, including details of salary expectations and current notice period, should be sent to Lorna Richardson by 22 March 2013.
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.