Account Manager - Agency Sales
Redbus Media Group operates the UK’s largest campus media network across leading university and college student unions. In addition, we are the largest in-store media network in the UK providing solutions for blue chip advertisers, such as P&G, Nestle and Visa, across Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and other retailer stores. Redbus also operates the UK’s leading Retail Park media network. The In-Store media network is primarily focused on shopping trolleys and baskets, and the Retail Parks network offers illuminated “6-sheet” poster sites in high impact, proximity locations. Since 2011, Redbus has rolled out HD Digital “6-sheet” panels across a number of campuses - this rollout will continue throughout 2013 and into 2014.
In addition to continuing the installation of HD digital posters on campus, Redbus is also developing a suite of other digital media products for both existing and new environments.
- To gain a thorough understanding of your clients’ business, marketing strategies and media objectives to ensure that outdoor and Redbus products are consistently front of mind
- To be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of other media channels and to grow outdoor revenue by influencing the multi-media decision
- Responsibility for finding new business opportunities and preparing and delivering presentations
- There will be a specific requirement with this job to cover off the senior contacts at agencies, so existing contacts here are essential
- To liaise with the Sales Director, Marketing, and Operations for the smooth transition from responding to a brief to the booking procedure, right through to excellent after sales service
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Achieve pre-determined revenue targets
- Meet weekly appointment targets across designated agency patch
- Attendance of weekly sales meetings to give summary of sales activity and opportunities - short and long-term; updates on competitors’ activities and missed advertising spend
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent knowledge of media agency planning and implementation process.
- Outdoor experience preferable, but not essential
- Group M agency knowledge and contacts desirable, but not essential
- Proactive sales approach
- Excellent planning and organisational ability, including good time-management
- Confidence to deal with people at all levels within the company and within our client base
About Redbus Media Group
A specialist out-of-home media owner targeting consumers with advertising when they arrive at their destination rather than when they are on the move to ensure high effectiveness.