International Sales Executive
The responsibility and focus of the International Sales Executive is to initiate and maintain contact and to develop relationships with existing and new clients in order to meet and/or exceed all relevant financial and strategic targets.
This role is mainly telephone-based sales with occasional requirement for face-to-face activity. A strong investigative ability and persuasive communicator will be key attributes. This is an exciting opportunity to be a truly global sales professional and to work on a series of unique and cutting edge senior executive, business networking events.
- Previous sales/telesales experience – minimum 2-3 years
- Media or international sales experience
- Events background is preferable but not essential
- Proven track record
- AIDA/DIPADA or equivalent sales trained (preferable but not essential)
- Strong communication particularly at international level (where clear and concise communication is required when speaking to someone in a second language)
- Investigative skills – showing the ability to source key decision makers/influencers within major corporations. Possibly utilising social media to do so, e.g. Linked-In.
- A calm, persuasive and creative thinker.
- Advanced sales approach including development of sales packages to encourage multiple delegate packages or upgrades to Partner packages.
- Able to hold one’s own with very senior individuals who are often not regularly “sold” to.
- Be able to build rapport quickly and concisely
- Achieve and/or exceed financial targets with an awareness and consideration for not just personal targets but overall the event performance.
- Achieve and/or exceed specified non-financial targets.
- Foster and develop effective client relationships including the management of key accounts providing a complete service from sale to ensuring delivery.
- Identify and build relationships with key individuals and organisations across a variety of markets.
- Consistently engage with the market mainly by telephone but also, teleconferencing, industry exhibitions and at the event.
- Demonstrate development and application of a strategic and/or creative sales approach through identification of key individuals across a variety of market sectors. Ability to successfully persuade and to creatively look at package opportunities.
- Demonstrate good product and market knowledge and make effective use of this knowledge when communicating to the market.
Mentoring and relationships
- Liaise and co-ordinate activity with the Events team (sales, marketing and event management).
- Work with the Sales Director with respect to feedback and support required to further enhance the prospects of each event.
- Subscribe to the newsletters of our international online portfolio and read the articles published onsite.
- Consistently engage with the market and effectively utilise and share market knowledge across the team.
- Demonstrate full product knowledge and effective use of this knowledge in relationships with clients and prospective clients.
- Demonstrate sophisticated market event knowledge and make effective use of this knowledge in relationships with clients and prospective clients. Process and administration
- Complete and update accurate CRM records daily
- Complete accurate pipeline reporting daily
- Adhere to steps and procedures in relation to processing contracts (including the correct and accurate completion of contracts)
- Demonstrate accurate forecasting on a weekly basis
The International Sales Executive reports directly to the International Sales Director and will receive training, coaching & mentoring from them with the support of the Event Development Director.
The job description of the International Sales Executive is supplemented and informed by an individually tailored personal development plan that will be agreed between the successful applicant and the Sales Director. The personal development plan will expressly establish specific skills, proficiencies & standards expected to be demonstrated by the International Sales Executive over the relevant period. Any project work/key tasks will be planned, managed, measured and reviewed with reference to this job description and the personal development plan.