Staff writter, Image Reports
B2B title Image Reports are looking for a staff writer to help out with a busy workload across their websites, magazines, social media presence and events.
Image Reports serves owners and senior managers of digital printing companies offer wide-format printing service and the supply chain that supports them. Image Reports is focused on delivering high quality independent content that genuinely offers its readers inspiration, insight and encourages innovation with the sole purpose of improving their businesses and the industry as a whole.
The successful candidate will be charged with writing news and features for all platforms, helping with all aspects of the pre-press and online publishing process, including general admin, subbing and picture research, as well as our growing social media following and engagement. We are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic individual with a proven interest in and ideally a year’s experience in business and technology.
The role will include:
- Assisting the Editor with planning and commissioning content across all platforms
- Writing news and features for both the print and online titles, including digital issues and newsletters
- Uploading the magazine content on publication with all the relevant tagging and labeling for SEO
- Creating unique content for the website so blogs , short features etc on instruction from the editor
- Conducting video interviews at events when required.
- Subbing, headline writing, proof reading
- Participating in running and developing our social media outlets
- Helping to plan and manage our bespoke events, including seminars and webinars
- Helping to manage editorial admin from calendars and contact lists to the CMS
- Attending trade shows/industry events/press launches
- Networking and developing contacts in the digital printing industry
- Researching and responding to the needs of our audience
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable writing/editing/interviewing skills
- Experience in a B2B publishing environment
- Attention to detail and ability to proof read and sub-edit copy
- Knowledge of delivering content online, including SEO best practice
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Desire to work hard in a small team and progress their career
Salary - depending on experience.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Chris Cooke, Publishing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30th 2013.