This job has now expired
To sell exhibition space, sponsorship, display advertising and on-line packages to existing and new clients.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• To sell exhibition and advertising space, in addition to sponsorship and on-line to existing and new clients in accordance with set targets to ensure revenue budget is achieved and exceeded.
• To contact and visit existing and potential clients to make contact and develop relations particularly in the area of major clients.
• To nurture and develop good relationships with key industry personnel and industry associations
• To visit relevant exhibitions/events to improve the industry awareness, to identify and develop new business opportunities by organic growth/new product development in order to ensure that revenue is maximized.
• To assist the Sales Director in formulating sales strategies.
• To manage the process of continually reviewing our customer base to gain appropriate market knowledge to enable specific sales targeting to meet overall revenue objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
• A proven track record selling face-to face and remotely to senior management level in a B2B environment. Ideally with experience of managing existing events and launching new shows
• Previous experience of working at a strategic level
• Excellent financial budgetary skills
• Decision Making ability (understanding processes)
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including presentation skills
• A team player
• Highly goal orientated
• Ability to work under pressure to unmovable deadlines
• Relevant sales and management training
• Appreciation of international cultures
• Flexibility to work unsocial hours
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading media organisation and carve a fast moving career within International events.
In return a basic of £27,000 + £10,000 (uncapped)