This job has now expired
Public Relations & Communications Executive 19-22K
For a number of years my client has been the voice of e-Retail in the UK, and increasingly its influence is reaching overseas with the growth of Cross Border Commerce. MY client knows that E-retail is an industry experiencing significant growth and rapid change… So with a database of over 1000 members they are by far the largest and most influential e-retail community in the country-collecting and analysing valuable market data from our retail members and promoting best practice across the industry through white papers, events and data…
A vacancy exists for a dynamic individual keen to join our team and help develop and manage our PR, Digital Marketing and Social Media strategy. This is an exciting and challenging role, and offers excellent career development opportunities within this rapidly growing sector…
Key tasks & responsibilities
· Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies with the team to promote their suite of market intelligence
· Working closely with all employees to build compelling and relevant messaging.
· Develop and maintain relationships with targeted media including national press, TV, trade press, digital media, blogs, social communities
· Develop and manage a social media communications and marketing strategy.
· Work closely with the Marketing Director to help develop an effective digital marketing strategy and manage its implementation
· Managing all PR and Comms enquiries / engagement from social media, digital and traditional media, membership and other organisations and creating opportunities for coverage
· Researching, writing and distributing press releases/comms/social media messages to targeted media including trade and national media, social network groups, blogshpere and members;
· Collating and analysing media and social network coverage; we currently subscribe to a PR monitoring service, Gorkana.
· Writing and editing, social network comms, case studies, presentations, articles, press releases;
· Preparing and supervising the production of, video content, photographs, and multimedia programmes; this will also involve promoting through social media networks-Twitter, Linked In experience essential as well as knowledge of other social channels that are relevant
· Organising press events including press conferences, We host an Christmas press event
· Maintaining and updating information to be posted on the website and social networks; this will be approved by our editor
· Sourcing and managing press opportunities to comment on e-retail/ecommerce ;
Required profile, skills & experience
- Highly literate with excellent copy writing skills
- Ability to write and manage a PR strategy-with input from other senior team members
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- High level of proficiency with all social media networks, and the ability to demonstrate effective experience is essential. Clear understanding of how to maximise the marketing & PR value from these channels.
- Familiarity with digital marketing techniques
- Highly organised with the ability to work to deadlines
- Persuasive ability-PR requires the ability to sell your story
- Good relationship builder-develop and maintain key press & media relations
- Ability to work with data- a good basic understanding of numbers/ statistics is useful
- Team player-we are a small focused organisation, passionate about what we do
- a self-starter with excellent planning skills combined with creative flare
- knowledge of and interest in retail and digital commerce is preferred although not essential
- Ideally 6-18 months experience in PR / Social Media though exceptional candidates without the relevant experience will also be considered