Principle Sales Executive
This job has now expired
Reporting to the Team Manager, the Principal Sales Executive is responsible for selling the News UK print and digital portfolio to a set territory of key clients and agencies that contribute to the vertical team and departmental budgets. Working to set key performance indicators, the Principal Sales Executive will provide an industry leading customer experience as well as setting the best possible example to colleagues at all times.
- Takes full accountability for an individually assigned territory, illustrated through a business plan covering sales, yield and share.
- Takes full accountability of leads assigned and proactively sources new leads.
- Is expected to achieve a minimum of six hours of telephone call times per week.
- Conducts effective meetings with full preparation including set objectives, agendas and a comprehensive follow up for every appointment.
- Through conducting a minimum of one meeting per agency/key client/consultancy, demonstrates an ability to influence decision makers through confidently presenting, negotiating and closing a sale.
- Consistently works closely with their team and peers to identify business needs and opportunities across their shared vertical territory and the wider business.
- Understands the importance of and attends relevant industry events to develop existing relationships and new business opportunities.
- Uses research data and market intelligence to create and develop bespoke client presentations and proposals.
- Displays a strong knowledge of the News International print and digital portfolio, competitor products and the vertical marketplace in which he/she sells.
- Demonstrates a clear comprehension of how the sales structure delivers results and contributes to an effective meeting.
- Displays competency and understanding of the relevant systems and processes within News International Commercial.
- Manages digital campaign performance and liaises with Ad Traffic to optimise performance and delivery.
- Possesses an awareness of all relevant stakeholders and has the ability to communicate effectively using appropriate channels of communication, including CRM.
- Sets a positive example to the classified team, supporting the Team Manager at all times and deputising when necessary.
- Is responsible for frequent reports of territory revenue, sales, opportunities and threats to their Team Manager
- Working knowledge of the Classified market within a National Newspaper/Magazine Business
- Excellent communicator
- Travel sector experience would be advantageous