Senior Display Sales Executive
Senior Display Sales
Our client has an exciting mix of market leading brands, great talent and technology, the company combines a strong publishing heritage with digital platforms and entrepreneurial flair.
Digital is very much in their DNA and they believe their cross media approach and digital heritage distinguishes them from their consumer publishing peers. Their approach is brand led so that each brand develops the best strategy to exploit opportunities across all platforms.
This is a organisation who are committed to building a culture based on success and taking a pride in what they do. They support and nurture their people and are creating a fantastic place for people to work and enjoy.
- The Senior Sales Executive has the core objective to develop and grow revenue potential of new, existing and lapsed advertisers through effective management of personal agency and client portfolio. He/She must drive forward a brand led sell to create a deep and meaningful proposition to agencies and clients and shape their Media future
MAIN RESPONSIBILTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To be seen as an expert in the brand and its strengths within the competitive set
- To demonstrate a broad knowledge of the market and have a sound understanding of market trends
- To comprehend, interpret and then present sales and market data including TGI/NRS/Mintel to maximise advertising potential
- To fully articulate the proposition and its relevance to advertisers
- To effectively utilise the Insight team according to need to ensure it is presenting comprehensive communication to agencies and clients at all times
Personal agency portfolio
- To pro-actively sell the complete proposition in to agencies and clients at every opportunity
- To effectively manage all personal agency/client portfolio managed through a fully integrated agency strategy
- To have active relationships with all key contacts across agency portfolio including key press department contacts and buying and planning team contacts for all spending advertisers
- To have full knowledge of previous, current and future activity for each agency across all revenue streams
- To have specific, measurable performance improvement targets/goals for new, existing and lapsed advertisers as agreed with Group Head
- To effectively adapt selling technique according to market conditions
- To ensure that all competitor leads are chased and followed up at all times
- To ensure all renewals are effectively managed at all times
- To attend a minimum of 6 meetings per week, within this a minimum of 5 meetings per month with all Tier 1 agencies
- To effectively negotiate the best rate possible for every piece of business
- To effectively manage all agency deals with support from Group Head to maximise revenue and share and meet agency deal criteria
- To help identify and create client led deal opportunities working alongside Group Head
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- The successful candidate will have a previous track record of handling west end agencies at Junior to senior level.
- Ideally National Press for national weekly consumer magazine experience
- He/she will already have developed a good level of contacts within some west end agencies, and will be able to demonstrate an ability to follow and adapt to an advertising/account management strategy.
- He/She will have a proven ability to drive revenue and share and work towards a set of pre agreed performance targets.
- Good communication is essential
- Strong team player
If this role is of interest, please get in touch, speak to Angela Izard at Morgan Rutherford Associates Ltd
More jobs like this
- Full Time Display Senior Sales Business Magazines jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Display Senior Sales Consumer Magazines jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Display Senior Sales National Press jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Display Senior Sales Digital / Online jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Display Senior Sales Advertising jobs in London (East)