Senior Sales Manager (Direct)
This job has now expired
Senior Sales Manager (Direct)
Head of Advertising Sales, Glasgow
Advertising Sales Glasgow
Overview of Role:
Responsible for managing the entire Direct sales team in Glasgow, maintaining excellent senior direct relationships across all sectors in this market, and day-to-day internal management of this specific team including trading and performance issues. They will implement and maintain discipline and rigour on all trading elements with a view to maximising revenue potential across profitable categories and inclusion of all titles within the portfolio. They will performance manage the individuals within their teams and feed into the Head of Advertising Sales alongside their current direct and title management responsibilities.
- Proactively build new, and maintain strong existing relationships with all senior clients within direct set through dual client meetings with team.
- Lead the Scottish transition through Self Service implementation with smaller revenue/ non-profitable clients as prescribed by the Head of Advertising Sales and the Regional Sales Director.
- Build and maintain outstanding product and competitor knowledge.
- Ensure superior customer service utilising all relevant systems.
- Communicate relevant trading issues and observations to the direct team and Head of Advertising Sales, as well as crosscheck yields.
- Initial point of contact from senior direct personnel if sales issues result in escalation.
- Drive collaboration with wider News UK Commercial teams to seek out, sell and implement new revenue opportunities as well as promote print and digital within News UK deals where appropriate.
- Liaison with relevant direct team members in the London and Dublin teams to ensure alignment of approach is achieved.
- Monitor and report on direct/client performance to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Keep abreast at all times of the changing needs and strategies on all relevant products.
- Seek opportunities for personal development and team development
- Work closely to ensure that culture and sales policy are optimised and visions and values are adhered to.
- Mentor and lead a strong motivated team, and address performance issues as and when they arise.
- Aware of and strive to deliver all set business KPI's.
- Maintain an upbeat, passionate and motivated departmental sales culture
- Establish and build relationships across the wider News UK advertising sales department.
- Pro-actively seek to innovate through sales initiatives that help drive revenue and team development.
- Support Head of Advertising Sales to deliver Xplore initiatives across the Scottish portfolio and team
- Maximization of inventory management across all relevant parts of the portfolio
- Maintain strong relationship with senior editorial staff.
Key Skills & Experience:
Key account Management
Familiarity with research systems
Creativity and Innovation
Coaching and people management skills
Competencies / Behaviours:
Ambitious and willing to go the extra mile
Pro-active, confident, assertive and energetic
Supportive and collaborative
Solid reputation internal and external
Responsible and reliable
Gravitas and impact
Key Internal / External relationships
Marketing Managers, MDs, and business owners for clients direct
Wider sales department within News UK commercial
Link with same roles across Dublin, Manchester & London