This job has now expired
Do you want to work for the UK’s largest digital automotive brand? To lead the evolution of a household name which has been growing for over 35 years? If you are looking for real responsibility for some serious numbers (such as 11 million unique users per month) and a fast paced, dynamic working environment, then read on!
This is a crucial role looking after the consumer facing marketing for all TMG brands including Auto Trader, Bike Trader, Van Trader and more. The main objective of the role is to acquire, retain and convert users to our digital platforms. The role involves significant line management and autonomy.
Key responsibilities include:
- The marketing of all consumer facing digital channels; desktop, tablet and mobile
- Deliver a fully integrated approach, including TV, digital, CRM, social and mobile
- Define marketing strategy and full year plans
- Deliver successful, measureable results with demonstrable value
- Be the consumer champion within the business, cultivating an unrivalled understanding of needs-based consumer segmentation Marketing optimisation
- Collaborative approach to ensure consistent and consumer focussed marketing
- Budget management
- Management and retention of best in class agencies across all activity streams (creative, media, eCRM, PR, events), principally lead creative & planning agency
- Report back to the business on performance of consumer marketing.
- Management of a team of marketing managers and executives, and their development/learning plans
- Planning, execution and responsibility of integrated multi-media marketing campaigns is a vital element of this role
- Lead the on-going brand evolution including look & feel and guidelines
You will be a proven Marketing Professional with a minimum experience of 5 years in a Marketing role for a digital brand of a suitable size. You will have Line management experience with ideally, demonstrable experience of extending market share for an existing market leading brand. Knowledge and experience of Social Media at a strategic level in particular is important given the growth of its importance.
Key skills required are:
- Expert digital marketing knowledge covering areas including: Social Media, eCRM, digital display, video formats (VOD), with particular focus on experience of performance based media and optimisation
- In depth expert knowledge of offline marketing including: TV, radio, outdoor, PR, experiential, market research
- A strong understanding of mobile marketing is necessary
- Budgeting and financial forecasting/reconciliation
- Ownership of brand guidelines and look/feel of communications
- Senior stakeholder management and great interpersonal skills
- Solid marketing planning skills – being able to lead insight, deliver marketing plans by product, Situational analysis, Objective setting, Strategy (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning), Tactics, Implementation and Optimisation
- A good eye for creative and the ability to work well with creative minds is essential
About Trader Media
Trader Media Group operates in the UK and Ireland. The Group is looking to expand on its winning formula: giving trade customers the opportunity to choose all effective channels to market; building the service and relationship with dealers and manufacturers; and strengthening its portfolio of automotive and specialist classified titles.
Trader Media Group is jointly owned by Guardian Media Group and Apax Partners.
The role is based in the centre of sunny Wimbledon in southwest London and is only a minute’s walk from a wide variety of shops, restaurants, coffee bars, cinemas and a Nuffield gym.
Wimbledon main line station is only a three-minute walk from the office. South Wimbledon tube station is a ten-minute walk from the office (or five minutes on one of the many bus routes that pass the office).
Salary & Benefits
As well working for a leading brand the role offers a competitive salary of circa £55,000 plus a great flexible benefits package