The role of a conference producer includes researching, creating and executing around 6 profitable world class business to business summits per year. Key parts of the role include:
- Researching via phone with executives in some of the world largest (I.e., FTSE 100) and most innovative companies to obtain detailed insight as to what the sub-industry needs to learn
- Writing a highly detailed, commercial technical or strategic agenda capturing exactly what the sub-industry wants to learn
- Pitching, inviting and confirming executive level speakers from the leading companies within the sub industry
- Writing commercially engaging, executive level website and marketing copy to generate delegate revenue on your event
- Helping create the sales and marketing strategy to drive revenue on your project
- Leading the event on the day including delivering an opening speech to hundreds of senior delegates
WHO THIS CAREER IS FOR
- Is career success a highly important part of your life?
- Do you thrive on pushing yourself harder to achieve above-par success and outpace your peers?
- Do you have 2-3 years B2B commercial/sales experience and want the opportunity to apply it in a wider, project management role?
- Have you been working in a job for a year or more where you feel under challenged and want the opportunity to push yourself in a high responsibility, high reward career?
- Do you enjoy the excitement and challenge of new things and potentially, uncertainty in a project if it means a more prosperous end result?
- Are you an energetic, “can-do” person who thrives on the satisfaction of overcoming difficulties and adversity?
- Are you willing to graft and apply yourself in the first year to eighteen months to rapidly grow yourself as a successful business professional in a long-term career?
The Trainee Conference Producer role at LBCG is an opportunity to start a long term, rapid development and high responsibility career at a growing, world-leading conference production company.
LBCG is a privately owned, research led conference production business with expertise in developing niche, learning focused, executive level summits across some of the hottest vertical sub-industries in the world including key functions within oil and gas, new materials, manufacturing, automotive, rail and water management.
At LBCG, we are passionate about producing some of the world's most high quality and detailed agendas and pride ourselves in our meticulous attention to detail, ambitious approach and high standards as we grow.
We run a meritocracy culture where results equal rewards and we are currently on the search for new talent to develop and become part of our expansion strategy.
TRAINING PROGRAMME & CAREER DEVELOPMENT
The first 2 years years at LBCG are essentially a high paid apprenticeship where you will gain the type of skills needed to start and run a profit generating business from scratch. Over this period, we provide new producers with face-to-face, on the job training on every aspect needed to successfully produce highly profitable business conferences including:
- Commercial research skills; I.e., how to obtain the right kind of research that can be used to develop a revenue generating project
- First class commercial research analysis and solutions-focused agenda writing skills
- Executive level persuasion and communication skills; pitching, negotiating, handling objections and building rapport with senior experts
- Commercially engaging, and editorially astute copy writing skills for the promotion and marketing of your event
- Project management: how to cope with the demands, pressures and responsibility of leading a revenue generating project
- Revenue generation: how to influence the commercial outcome of a project through sponsorship and marketing
The skills learned in this programme essentially lay the foundation for becoming an entrepreneurial Managing Director, creating 6 mini businesses from scratch per year and driving their success from start to finish - but with continued support and training from management.
- By 6 Months
- You will have produced your first three conferences supported by intense, on the job, one-to-one training from people who have been successfully producing and directing conferences for many years
- You will have run your first profit-making event and should have received your first commission cheque!
- 6-18 Months:
- Over this period you will be building on and refining the skills you have learned so far and improving the quality, speaker line-ups, size and revenue of your conferences
- You will be further trained on revenue generation and take an increased role in driving sponsorship and delegate revenue on your projects by working more closely with sales and marketing
- 18 months - 3 years:
- You will now be growing into an independent, autonomous conference producer taking more strategic and commercial direction of your conferences
- High achieving producers may be given more challenging conference topics; potentially on launch topics in brand new markets and industries
TESTIMONIALS FROM CURRENT EMPLOYEES
“Exciting and energetic company culture with exciting opportunities”
“Project management gives you autonomy as you have a say in the research process, content of the conference, those speaking at the event and writing the copy. Gives you a great sense of accomplishment, and the commission scheme means there’s a huge drive to get it the best it can be.”
- Conference Producer, Oil & Gas (has worked here for over one year)
“I have learnt more in just over two years here than I genuinely believe I would have learnt at any other company. The complexity of the job has pushed me to realise new intellectual and emotional limits within myself and as a result, I have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge, satisfaction and commercial growth.”
- Senior Production Manager (has worked here for over two years)
“Hard work gets recognised and rewarded, high earning potential, opportunity for international travel, dynamic working environment, flexible hours, great city location.”
- Sales Manager (has worked here for under a year)
- 2.1 degree or above
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Minimum 12 months commercial experience
Salary: £23-26k basic (depending on experience) plus uncapped profit share. OTE year one - £27,800 – £30,800 (with long term opportunities to earn significantly more from year two onwards).
NOTE: Please note that this is not an operations, logistics or marketing role (please see our websites for vacancies in these areas). This position is for someone looking for a comprehensive sales, research and project management based career.
- 06 December 2013
- 20 January 2014