Group Managing Editor
Group Managing Editor
As managing editor, you will take overall editorial responsibility for a range of legal and business titles across print and online outlets.
The group includes monthly newsletters, bi-monthly and quarterly magazines, along with daily online news and weekly email alerts.
You will head up the legal group, reporting directly to the managing director. You will take overall editorial responsibility, including but not limited to: commissioning, editing, working with the head of the commercial team to develop new business, managing a team of journalists, designers and freelance contributors, and setting the overall direction of the various titles.
You will have a proven track record of strong writing. You will need to be able to produce and stick to detailed plans for each title, feel comfortable talking to senior individuals internally and externally, and have experience of putting newsletters and magazines to press under exacting deadlines.
The role would suit an experienced editor with knowledge of legal and business markets. Specific intellectual property experience is highly desirable.
The successful applicant will:
- be able to manage a demanding and diverse workload in a high-pressure environment;
- demonstrate excellent organisational abilities, including experience of taking magazines from inception to publication;
- be comfortable line managing individuals, and managing teams;
- feel confident with diverse subject matter and be able to talk and write fluently across a range of topics;
- be able to act as an advocate for the various titles, including by making speeches at conferences and talking to key clients;
- be interested in developing new ideas for publications, and in leading these ideas, including by taking a prominent role in the business aspects of them;
- feel comfortable making and communicating editorial plans to internal and external stakeholders;
- be familiar with web site content management systems and SEO
If this sounds like the ideal way to kick start your 2014 please send us you CV for a confidential chat with one of our experienced consultants.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Editorial Sub Editor / Production Editor Business Magazines jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Editorial Sub Editor / Production Editor National Press jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Editorial Sub Editor / Production Editor Digital / Online jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Editorial Sub Editor / Production Editor Exhibitions jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Editorial Sub Editor / Production Editor Advertising jobs in London (East)