Business Development Consultant- Findlaw
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Legal UKI
Our Legal organisation focuses on connecting our customers’ businesses to the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment. We provide critical online and print information, decision support tools, software and services to lawyers who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector. We are a growing business in the UK, especially since the acquisition of Practical Law Company in March 2013 and we are very excited about the next stage in our growth and how you can play a part in it.
Business Development Consultant - Findlaw
Please note, there are two positions available.
Findlaw assists law firms in marketing themselves online. We design, write and optimise client generating websites. We also build mobile websites and write blogs for firms.
- Prospect and close new business through outbound calling (telesales)
- Develop leads through available resources and independent research
- Analyse client needs and understand their current business objectives.
- Recommend appropriate FindLaw solution based on client need.
- Present and articulate complex web marketing product features, benefits and overall solutions
- Provide a consultative sales experience, emphasising Findlaw’s unique value
- Consistently meet/exceed sales goals on a monthly basis
- Work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- University level education in Marketing, Communications or Business preferred
- Successful commissioned sales experience Successful track record of selling to professionals Experience in a cold-calling environment Knowledge of legal industry a plus
- Ability to develop leads independently Excellent verbal and written communication skills Strong organisation and time management skills Experience with web advertising or internet marketing preferred Proficiency in MS Office applications and business use of internet
- Dynamic, innovative, entrepreneurial Ability to think on his/her feet Results oriented Strong collaborative interpersonal skills enabling cross-functional cooperation Consultative/Service oriented sales approach
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.