This job has now expired
Senior Sales - Contract Publisher
£32k + commission
Covering 2 magazines you will be working across one magazine covering the animal kingdom and another for the armed forces.
2 great titles needing 1 great sales person!
Ideally you will have worked for a customer/contract publisher and have a proven track record of delivering against your targets.
You will be expected:
- To maximise the generation of advertising revenue into the magazines.
- To sell advertising according to the rate and yield policy of the titles.
- To ensure that the magazines and their commercial possibilities are made known to the agency portfolio and client category for which you have responsibility.
- To achieve the target set by the Advertisement Manager.
- To produce written reports, documents and proposals to a professional standard.
- To plan, strategically, the generation of revenue from growth categories and/or problem clients.
- To assist the Advertisement Manager with the identification and conversion of appropriate leads.
- To identify and exploit additional revenue opportunities over and above the sales of advertising space (sponsorship, bulk sales, promotions etc.)
- To acquire a thorough knowledge of your own title and other associated/competing titles in the marketplace.
- To pass competitor and market intelligence to the Advertisement Manager and the Sales Department.
- To become proficient with the definition and application of standard industry and proprietary research.
- To assist fellow members of the team with the construction of sales arguments and the creation of proposals and presentation documents.
- To be aware of relevant account moves, industry news and competitive media (TV, Outdoor, Radio, etc) by regular monitoring of the trade press (Media Week, Campaign Media Business).
- To conduct yourself and maintain your appearance to an acceptable professional standard.
- To generate a list of more senior agency contacts.
- To behave as an ambassador for this client at all times.
This is one of several roles we have working for a contract publisher so please get in contact with Savvy and discuss some of our great roles. We don't advertise all of them so it's good to talk!
Check us out www.savvyrecruitment.com