We are looking for a Sales Manager to oversee sales activities for Autosport International and the Performance Car Show. This represents a good opportunity to develop your career at Haymarket Exhibitions, and join one of Haymarket's flagship events, and Europe's largest and most influential motorsport exhibition.
Reporting to the Show Director, the job primarily involves managing a small sales team, leading from the front in your personal sales contribution and to ultimately meet and exceed the budgeted sales expectation as agreed with the Show Director.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to get immersed in motorsport and cars as attendance at related exhibitions, motorsport events and client meetings will be required.
Detailed Description & Established duties:
- Overall responsibility for all stand sales, sponsorship revenue and client care
- Implementing KPI’s to sales team and leading / motivating team to achieve their individual KPI targets and take responsibility for achieving individual KPI’s as set by Show Director
- Account-manage and sell to top exhibitors and prospects
- Identification and development of new clients and sales sectors
- responsible for sales letters and proposals and to ensure that we can fulfil any obligation without committing the company to extra cost, unless authorised to do so by Show Director
- Ensure the sales ledger is up-to-date at all times and distribution of sales reports
- Clear understanding of the market place which the Show serves
- Identification and development of sponsorship in conjunction with Show Director and internal sponsorship manager
- Ensure that the floorplan is updated on a regular basis and that the team have a presentable plan at all times in order to sell stands
- Ensure administration systems and procedures are understood and adhered to
- Manage the sourcing and distribution of sales leads and material
- Make sure all the exhibitors are accurately listed with correct stand number and contact details in the show guide and are also listed on directional display boards
- Duty to protect confidentiality of exhibitor list unless requested to make list available to the show guide publishing team
- Provide Show Director with regular details of current sales activity to assist forecasting
- Contribute ideas to develop the show - read the specialist press and canvass opinion of market leaders and opinion formers, and exploit knowledge to spot new opportunities
- Write up brief summary notes or minutes of all meetings and ensure there is a clear action–plan that is followed up with the relevant parties involved
- Recruitment of sales staff in conjunction with the Show Director and responsibility for their development and training.
- Show Director - in order to plan and action the sales campaign and monitor progress throughout the sales cycle
- Sales Staff – including direct and indirect staff reports to maximize the performance of the sales team and to assist them in carrying out and developing their roles
- Managing Director – must be able to communicate clearly with MD and other Directors
- Marketing team - to advise of developments and opportunities highlighted by sales activity
- Operations Team – for show and stand logistics
- Sales and Publishing team at HCM magazines and websites that are actively involved in Autosport International & Performance Car Show
- Media partners – in conjunction with Show Director and Marketing Manager, develop relationships with relevant contacts with both internal and external media partners who are directly involved with show
- Accounts Department - in the production of accurate weekly sales reports and sharing relevant information such as stand cancellations and any special payment arrangements
Previous experience in exhibitions is an advantage, although not essential, but being able to manage a sales team, understand the landscape and market place in which the show exists, and to be able to make your own sales contribution is vital. An interest in motorsport and cars is useful, but not essential.
- Strong sense of sales management and new business development
- People-management: recruitment, appraisal, training, direction, delegation, supervision and development
- Able to operate at Director level within large blue chip organizations
- Understand the role of trade and industry associations who are relevant to the show, and to be able to operate at Director and senior management level within these organisations
- Adopt a consultative approach to account handling, form strong business relationships with major industry players and associations
- Strong interpersonal skills, good negotiator and communicator in both written and verbal form
- Strong team player, motivator and leader
- Results focused and success oriented
- Sets high personal standards for success
- Professional, with strong integrity, must be well-presented
- Adaptable and flexible – open to new ideas and concepts
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Able to operate confidently with both UK and international clients via telephone, written communication and face to face
- Excellent communicator, in both written and verbal form
- Strong team player, results focused and success oriented
- Sets high personal standards for success
- Knowledge of the motorsport or an interest in performance cars preferred but not essential
About Haymarket Media Group
Whether you’re looking to start a career in media or you’re already an established player, why not come and join this influential publisher, with an outstanding history of success and a future full of growth, expansion and exciting challenges?