This job has now expired
We’re recruiting a commercial director with an excellent track record for a leading B2B media company. With an expanding portfolio of websites, magazines, events, exhibitions, conferences and data services they are acknowledged market leaders in their sectors across an international footprint.
The company has invested significantly in developing and improving brands and products. A number of successful strategic acquisitions have also boosted growth. The future promises exciting opportunities, with more investment in people and product development, greater deployment of new technologies and the prospect of further acquisitions.
The overall purpose of this role is to drive sales revenue across the product portfolio. Operating both at a strategic and operational level this role will lead the magazine, digital and face to face sales teams as well as contributing personally to the sales effort.
To apply for this role you must be an experienced and proven commercial director or publisher who has worked for a major magazine/website/events business. You’ll be able to demonstrate an ability to strategically develop a portfolio of products, manage sales, editorial & marketing teams and be personally responsible for building and developing key client relationships.
- Generate new business and manage key accounts
- Continue the migration of traditional display revenue to digital
- Monetise the “high value data” that the editorial team generate.
- Secure sponsorship for the existing and new events
- Work to convert digital followers into subscribers.
- Effectively manage and motivate the sales team.
- Act as line manager to the editor and support him in managing the editorial team.
- Ensure that HR processes such as recruitment, appraisals and training & development are carried out in accordance with company policy and best practice.
Strategy & Budgeting
- Devise and implement the commercial strategy for the portfolio.
- Work with the editor to agree an editorial strategy that supports the commercial objectives
- Create a digital strategy and then implement it to grow the profitability of all digital platforms
- Hold P&L responsibility for the portfolio set and deliver against the annual budget.
- Work closely with the editorial team to create a schedule of face to face activity that supports the primary brand and makes a financial contribution.
- Work with the company’s circulation and subscriptions team to agree a strategy to maximise subscriptions revenue
- Project manage the events portfolio with the support of the events team.
- Secure the attendance of suppliers to all events/ round tables / workshops.
- Attend industry events to foster business relationships.
- Ensure that the production of the portfolio is done within budget and on time.