ABOUT THE COMPANY
Here at Athene Publishing, we produce a number of leading B2B magazines and products within credit, insolvency and the payroll/HR arena. We host five annual award schemes, a niche exhibition and several conferences across the year along with a number of websites and magazines.
A new and exciting position has arisen to join our publishing house and work within the commercial team towards the profitable growth of our face to face, display and digital revenue streams across our three markets and via a number of channels including all of our award schemes, conferences, exhibitions, display and digital portfolios.
Progression to management level within the business is realistic.
KEY DELIVERABLES OF ROLE
Achievement of new business targets across the whole product portfolio of display, events and online. Continue to manage and develop existing accounts across the brand
Work closely with the Head of Sales in order to identify new business opportunities from existing and new accounts through accurate sales planning, whilst supporting the head of department across all staff management.
- Maximising new business opportunities through close client contact and strategic new business campaigns
- Ability to develop and manage staffing resource across a number of media platforms
- Maximising revenues through existing client accounts
- Responsible for accurate weekly reporting and reporting personal sales to the Head of Sales
- To develop a strong understanding and awareness of the industry as to ensure you’re pitching the right product at the right level for the client/prospect
- Ability to meet clients face to face as to build brand rapport and maximise opportunities
- Work closely with all departments as to ensure a strong client service offering from pitching to closing and delivering the deal
- Solution based sell spanning three media platforms- display, events and online
- To ensure the sales database, all admin tasks and reports are up to date and accurate to assist in building highly targeted sales campaign and product plans
- Representing a market leading brand at internal and external industry events and functions
- Working closely with the Head of Sales in order to execute by product sales plans
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years B2B media experience, preferably within financial services but not essential as training will be given, selling across multiple platforms and they will have the ability to account manage key clients, source and execute new business and be analytical in their approach when it comes to both client and product development.
- Experience of managing a team of sales executives and managers across varying disciplines (sponsorship and Telesales)
- Proven track record of personal sales achievement including a solid consistent new business %, as well as proven track record of working effectively in a team to meet both personal and team targets
- Ability to engage face to face with ‘C level’ decision makers
- The ability to hit the ground running and undertake a new industry quickly and efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills