This job has now expired
Booking.com, Planet Earth’s #1 Accommodation Site, is looking to hire an in-house Media Planner at its Amsterdam HQ. Media planning is relatively new for Booking.com, so this role is critical to support thoughtful development of the brand, market-leading consumer marketing campaigns and to select the right media channels while measuring impact of these.
The Media Planner will report directly to the Brand Director and / or Communications Director (TBD), and will work closely with the marketing team, creative and media agencies to help bring the Booking brand to life in various markets around the globe. The ideal candidate must be passionate about media and communications. He/she should be looking to make a real impact to brand communications by taking on new challenges and constantly learning new skills and tools; someone who cares intensely for creating work that fosters a culturally relevant connection among consumers and drives incremental business impact.
- Establish strong relationships with key leads within media agency teams for the effective day-to-day management of market campaign delivery.
- Ensure adherence (where required) to global creative and strategic guidelines.
- Oversee the delivery by agency teams of periodic post buy reviews, activity updates, and financial reporting. Manage communication of this information within booking.com.
- Contribute, support and critique media strategy: inclusive but not limited to communications plans, market toolkits, communication architectures and budget setting analyses.
- Possess a solid understanding of various marketing processes and how they may be applied to various businesses challenges within booking.com
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret information presented by the agency teams.
- Creative approach to problem solving; always looking for improvements to the way things are done.
- Has a data-driven attitude versus an opinion driven one.
- At least 3-5 years experience with media planning in an international environment.
- Experience as in-house Media Planner.
- Strong experience with off-line channels.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and decisions with the full range of stakeholders involved in a project, demonstrating the skill to arrive at solutions for potential obstacles and challenges.
- Build trust and confidence by sharing information, presenting research and data objectively, and providing feedback confidently.
- Use logical, well informed responses to justify feedback.
- Excellent listener and communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage many different projects at once.
- Team player, with the ability to inspire and be inspired by many different types of people and roles.
- Good instincts and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the digital and interactive space.
- Curiosity and connection to new trends, media and technology.
- Enthusiasm for the accommodation and e-commerce industries.
- Confidently take projects from briefing stage through to completion with limited supervision, and proactively bringing updates forward to supervisors.
- Ability to manage many projects at once to meet deadlines, including managing and directing the outputs of internal teams/third parties such as agency teams.
- Fluent in English, one or more other languages recommended.