Our International client is looking for a hands on strategic commercial Savvy candidate to push their business forward…..
Circa £60k + £100-140k OTE
Our International producing media owner is looking for a Group Sales Director / Commercial Head who will work alongside the Group Publisher to help drive the business forward and contribute to substantially increasing turnover and consequently the bottom line.
Our client operate in magazines, events and conferences within the International arena specialising in news and current affairs. These are exciting and challenging times for this media owner and the region it operates in, and given client interest there are a number of areas into which the group is expanding.
The successful applicant will take over the existing sales team (10 people+) and will be responsible for the day to day management of this team. She/He will be expected to help develop the portfolio of clients and the suite of services within the business, initially on the publishing and events side.
Besides being an excellent international media sales person across both print and digital publishing and events, the candidate must have experience in managing teams.
The successful applicant will have a track record in developing new ideas and must be an excellent communicator, both written and oral communication. This is a senior role and the successful applicant will be dealing with clients at a very senior level. She/He will be hands on, who enjoys problem solving and results driven.
Knowledge and understanding of the International landscape is a strong advantage. The role will involve considerable travel, at least one week every two months.
- Developing commercial strategy, as well as product and profit targets
- Overseeing the management and development of the sales team (client allocation, oversight of CRM, structuring of proposals, client negotiations etc)
- Strengthening and Developing relationships with clients and agencies
- Developing new business opportunities, at a market and client level
- Supporting the production manager with print and production related activities
- Oversight of financial matters relating to your department (invoicing, tracking non-paying clients etc)
- Liaising with the editorial and other departments to make sure the commercial team works in a cohesive manner
- Extensive Media sales experience – print, conferences and online
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- The ability to motivate and lead a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good IT, budget and report writing skills
- Strong analytic thinking and capacity for creative ideas
You will be :
Help drive the business forward
Track record of successfully managing teams
International experience and client facing experience
Apply in confidence.
Check us out www.savvyrecruitment.com
More jobs like this
- Full Time Sponsorship Senior Sales Business Magazines jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Sponsorship Senior Sales Consumer Magazines jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Sponsorship Senior Sales National Press jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Sponsorship Senior Sales Regional Press jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Sponsorship Senior Sales TV jobs in London (East)