Digital Media Account Manager
About our client:
Our client, leader on their market, is looking for a Digital Media Account Manager to join their UK media auditing and consultancy division. The company works with advertisers to help ensure they get the best they can out of their media agencies. They achieve this through an array of services, from post media campaign buying assessment (cost and quality) to helping clients with the appointment of their media agency.
Our client is the largest player in this market (worldwide and within the UK), its UK market share is 80%. They work with over 1,000 clients in 60 markets worldwide, including 85 of the top 100 global advertisers, all the major advertising agency groups, and a number of other businesses. These clients are increasingly turning to them to meet their demands for greater accountability and greater understanding in a marketing landscape that is changing rapidly.
Our client employs over 750 people across the world. They have 21 offices in 14 countries and work with carefully selected partners elsewhere to create a truly global network. Their head office is in London where they are listed on the London Stock Exchange's AIM market.
Our client is a forward looking, energetic, open minded company, committed to delivering the best service for their clients, they believe in investing in its team and promoting from within.
The role will best suit someone who is passionate about digital media, and has strong experience of planning digital media across a range of accounts and sectors.
They will have a thorough understanding of the digital marketplace, and of how digital media is traded. They will need to have strong analytical skills and be comfortable working with and presenting data.
The ideal candidate should be highly organised, with excellent attention to detail. They should also have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across different disciplines and communicate with different levels of seniority both internally and externally. But above all, they need to have a passion and enthusiasm for media and its future.
There will also be opportunities for travel, so the candidate should be open to occasionally attending meetings with clients based around the UK and continental Europe.
The role includes a wide range of activities, primarily:
- Evaluating agency planning & buying performance and making recommendations for improvement
- Working with clients to understand the potential for digital media
- Delivering training in digital media practice, both internally and externally
- Managing other members of the digital team to ensure that all output is of a high standard and produced to deadline
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Leading data analysis projects
- Preparing Powerpoint presentations to summarise findings
- Presenting to and attending meetings with senior clients and agency teams
- Working with members of the senior team to secure new clients
- Liaising with media agencies and publishers to keep on top of all developments in the digital media marketplace
- 3 or more years’ background in digital media planning / buying, with experience across display, search, social media and affiliates
- Substantial experience of presenting in formal conditions at a senior level
- Experience of managing senior client relationships on a day-to-day basis
- Experience of leading negotiations with media owners
- Experience of leading, coaching and mentoring a small team
Personal & Other Requirements:
- Enthusiasm and ambition
- Intellectually curious with an open mind, a self-starter, genuinely interested in data driven analysis.
- Team player, happy working in small groups
Salary: 40k/55k depending on experience
Aside from excellent training, they offer their employees the following benefits:
- Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Salary Sacrifice Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Childcare Voucher Scheme
About Hanson Search
Hanson Search is a leading executive search consultancy specialising in all areas of Communications and Consultancy, this includes PR, advertising, branding, market research, marketing and management consultancy.